Two

Quinn

Icy fingers gripped my arm in the darkness. Footsteps slowly creaked on every step of the stairs. The bedroom door handle turned slowly. I struggled but the fingers held me tighter. The door opened and there stood the cruel smile I was used to. The one I saw every night. The door shut with a slam and I tried moving away again, but this time the cruel smile had me in a tight grip and there was never any escaping him.

"Quinn!" I shot up with my heart coming out of my chest. I looked around at the lockers and then at Owen and Zade. They were both giving me weird looks and I shrugged it off.

Owen unbuttoned his shirt slightly and sat down next to me, "You okay, Quinn? You were making noises,"

"Were you having dream sex?" Zade winked at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Dream sex? Not as good as real sex, unless it's with a crush," Ken said, not bothering to look up from his clipboard.

Zade's eyes went wide and his mouth dropped.

"No,"

"Oh, yes. Yes, of course!"

I stood up and ran to him, but he shouted, "You have a crush!" before I could reach him.

"No, I don't,"

"Yes, you do! It totally makes sense with how you've been acting recently. Who is it? You have to tell us,"

I shook my head, "Not telling you because I don't have a crush on anyone," I slid past Zade and Owen and waited for Ken to tell me my job for the night.

"Quinn, you're behind the bar until the third shift and then you'll be floating,"

"Got it, thanks!" I moved out to the main room and grabbed my tip pouch. Master Knight was sitting on one of the stools and I could feel my face start to burn as I made my way to him.

"Can I get you anything, Master Knight?" He jumped slightly and turned. His eyes looked bloodshot and there were deep bags under his eyes.

"Oh, Quinn. You scared me a little. Uh, no. I'm okay. I was just thinking. Are you ready for tonight?"

"Yeah, I suppose,"

"Well, I'll let you guys get ready then," Daniel hit the bar counter lightly and walked off towards his office. I watched as he left and sighed. That couldn't have been more awkward.

"Damn him for being so hot,"

"He may be hot, but no one has been able to get a contract with him or anything," Ryan leaned against the counter and I faced him, confused.

"Really? Why?"

"No one really knows other than the last sub he wanted to be in a contract with left before he could. He's been a little distant since and we've all tried to ignore it, but it's not a great thing when the owner of a club like this doesn't seem interested in the lifestyle,"

I frowned, feeling bad for Master Knight. I wonder why the other sub left and why Master Knight took it so hard.

"Gossiping again, Ryan?" Ken asked, though his tone was on edge.

Ryan rolled his eyes, "Are you still mad?"

"I don't know. Why don't you ask me when you've apologized," Ken hissed.

"And why am I going to apologize? It wasn't my fault!"

As they continued bickering, I moved away to where Zade and Owen were standing. They both had trays so I assumed they would be working as floating bartenders tonight. I hated that job. I was fine until I had to go to the V.I.P. section and then all hell broke loose usually. I've spilled more drinks than I care to admit. For some reason, having them all stare at me as I walked up the steps did not help my self-confidence.