Thirteen

Daniel

Quinn followed me towards my playroom and when I slammed the door, I grabbed him by the waist and pulled him into another kiss. My hands were moving of their own accord, touching everywhere before settling under his shirt. I pulled away long enough to take it off before I was smashing my lips onto his again.

His hands never left my already bare chest, like he wanted to push me away, but he didn't. I reached down and pulled his legs around my waist, walking towards the bed. I sat down and Quinn's arms moved towards the back of my neck, holding on slightly.

"Dan—Daniel, wait," Quinn stared at me in confusion, "What's this about?"

"This is about me acting on feelings I should've acted on weeks ago. I'm sorry it's taken me a while to catch up. Ever since my parent's party, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you,"

Quinn's jaw dropped, "Are you serious?"

"I am so fucking serious." Quinn took a deep breath and got up from my lap, taking a couple steps away, "What's wrong?"

"I don't want to continue until you hear everything. I came here tonight intending to tell you everything and I need to before we can do anything else,"

"Okay. Go ahead," Quinn threw back on his shirt and sat down on the opposite side of the bed, picking at the sheets for a second.

"Well, I guess it started at the beginning. When you offered me the job, I started getting feelings. Kinda got a crush and everyone knew. And when I stayed at your house, I thought maybe we could've gotten together—"

"I had intended that night to ask you to be in a contract, just so you know,"

Quinn nodded and continued. The entire time he was talking, I could see the physical toll of keeping quiet disappear. His shoulders didn't look so tense. The wild look in his eyes dissipated. He relaxed talking and telling me everything.

While he talked, I could feel my stress, my temper, rising. I had to get up and walk around as I listened. I was pissed. Charlie had done all of this under my nose and I didn't notice a single thing.

Quinn took a step off the bed and away from me as I paced. I could feel myself practically vibrating with anger. It's been a long time since I've been this mad. I had to keep myself in check. Quinn didn't need me to get angry.

I turned toward him, raising my hand to run it through my hair. Fear flashed across his face and he flinched away, his left hand moving in front of his face and his right falling behind him.

I stood still for a second before dropping my hand.

"Are . . . Are you afraid of me?" I whispered, but he didn't move. I pushed away Quinn's hand and gripped his chin, "I asked you a question, answer," I tried to keep my voice as soft as possible, even though the commanding tone was still there.

"Not necessarily of you," Quinn's gaze dropped to the floor. I pushed his chin up further so he was staring directly at me. His eyes were red and he was quivering. I wrapped my arms around him, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I don't want you to ever be afraid of me. That has never and will never be my intention. I was angry at myself more than you and I am even angrier at him for putting you in that situation. You don't have to be scared anymore,"

Quinn nodded and pulled away enough to look at my face, "Thanks, Daniel. I'm not . . . It's not you I'm afraid of. It's a reflex I guess. I spent so long at home, dodging my father that my brain just automatically goes into defensive mode,"