Fourteen

Daniel

I was surprised to pull up to my house and find Charlie's car in the driveway. When I opened the door, it was quiet and I wondered if he had slept here last night.

As I opened my bedroom door, my jaw dropped. Oh, Charlie had slept here alright and so had someone else. I banged on the door and they both sat up.

"Danny! You're home! I was hoping—"

"Get out. I want you moved out by tonight. Do not come back ever. If you do, I will call the police for trespassing and harassment,"

The other guy scrambled out of the bed, threw on a few items of clothing, and scrambled out of the room. Charlie sat up and pouted slightly. He let the comforter drop away from him and stood.

"Why don't you like me, Danny? Aren't I good enough for you?"

"You were until you left me. Then you came back and I thought it would be okay. But now, I've found out what you've done and I don't know why I ever let you back into my life. So, take your clothes, take your fuck buddy, and get out of my house!"

Charlie rolled his eyes, but complied. He stopped at the doorway, "I don't know why you're so uptight about me sleeping with someone else. It's not like you didn't spend the night at Quinn's,"

I shut the door in his face and watched from the window as he drove off. I took a deep sigh of relief and let my head droop. There was a soft whine and my head shot up. I ran towards my office and I found Stella in her cage. I didn't put her in there unless we were traveling somewhere and she looked absolutely miserable.

"Hey, baby girl! Hi princess. I'm home. I wish I could stay, but don't worry. I'll only be gone for a few hours and then we'll have an us day, okay. And maybe I'll bring Quinn. You like Quinn,"

She wiggled her butt around and nudged her nose with mine. I realized what she wanted so, I took her out. Thankfully, she did her business so I didn't have to worry about cleaning anything up.

When I got back inside, I paused in my bedroom. Those sheets and that mattress were going to have to go, but they would have to wait until I got back.

As I opened my closet, I sighed at the two sides of clothing. To make it easier, I grabbed all of Charlie's clothes and threw them onto the bed. I grabbed everything that was his, in fact, and tossed it all onto the bed. I grabbed the sheets' ends and folded them up. I tied the corners and placed the makeshift bag by the front door and left a piece of paper with Charlie's name on it. If someone else happened to come by and pick it up, that would not be my fault.

I took a deep breath, feeling refreshed already. I took a quick shower, not bothering to wash my hair since I was short on time. I changed into a button-up and jeans and faced Stella, "Well, what do you think? Handsome enough?"  I bent down and kissed her head. She whined a little so I headed towards the kitchen to get her food.

"Alright, be good Stella! I'll be back, I promise!"

I texted Quinn, letting him know I was on my way. As I headed out of my neighborhood, I felt anxious, but a good sort of anxious. This was going to be good. I hoped.

Quinn

I laid down on my bed as soon as I heard the front door close and quickly grabbed my phone. I stopped from dialing the number. He said he would be happy, but I almost didn't want to tell him yet.

Making up my mind, I pressed the call button and put it on speaker.

"Hello? Quinn?"

"Alex, hi. Is this a bad time?"