Eighteen

Quinn

I was in the bathroom, trying to brush my hair when Daniel popped up behind me and grabbed the brush. I rolled my eyes as he started slowly brushing out all the knots, most of which were probably created from wearing my hair half up and half down like I had last night. Not to mention the sex.

Every time I winced, Daniel kissed my shoulder and then continued. By the time all the knots were out, I swear my shoulder was wet from how many times he kissed it.

"So, I was thinking maybe we could have dinner tomorrow? And–"

My phone started ringing and I held up a finger and left to go answer it.

"Hi, Alex,"

"Hello, Quinn. Listen, I heard about you and Master Knight getting together last night. Congratulations on that. I was wondering if you would like to join me and Payton for lunch. Payton is a little anxious while at the club and I was hoping that maybe you could assure them that the club is a safe space and everything. I know they would feel better if it came from a submissive over just me,"

"Um, yeah. But are you sure Daniel should be there too? I mean, I was pretty nervous of him at the beginning and I'm not sure if Payton would want to share their fears with Daniel around,"

"I was actually inviting only you for that reason. I definitely don't want Payton to be extra scared. I want to help ease them back into this,"

I nodded and looked around at Daniel, who was staring at me with one eyebrow up. I gave him a small grin and waved, "Uh, yeah. I think that should be alright. I have to go home first and then I can meet you somewhere,"

"Thank you, Quinn. Okay, so . . ."

I hung up with Alex after he gave me all the information and Daniel cleared his throat, "So, you've got plans?"

"Why? You jealous?"

Daniel scoffed, "No, just a little curious. Was that Alex as in Master Alex from the club?"

"Mmhmm. He wants me to help Payton kind of relax at the idea of the club and I would have invited you, but you can be intimidating to a newcomer. I have time for breakfast though,"

"Good. Cause Ken's here making us something. Says he has something to share with us,"

As soon as Daniel said something about cooking, I could smell it and my stomach growled. Daniel snorted and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into a quick kiss.

"Aw, that's so gross. Come on, breakfast is ready,"

Daniel gave Ken the middle finger and kissed me again, probably just to annoy Ken.

We sat down at the breakfast bar and Ken served plates of blueberry and strawberry pancakes and bacon. I hadn't had blueberry pancakes in forever.

"Damn, these are good. You know who makes really good pancakes?" I asked, trying to shovel another piece into my mouth. Daniel grabbed my wrist and held it down until I was done swallowing, "There's a diner a little outside downtown called LuLu's and oh man. They've got some of the best pancakes ever,"

Ken choked a little, "You know who owns that restaurant, right,"

I shrugged, grabbing a piece of bacon.

"Owen's mom. Owen talks about it all the time too, especially since it was her that helped him get into cooking in the first place,"

I dropped my piece of bacon in shock, "He never talks about it around me. Well, next time I see him, I'm going to tell him he owes me a meal for keeping that from me,"