Ten

Quinn

Annie was grinning like a madwoman from the bar and it was making me nervous. Sure I had accepted Master Alex's invitation to join him at the club. And yeah, he had one arm around me and another resting on my knee. But there was no reason for Annie to look like she was going to burst as she set down a couple of waters for us.

"Thank you, Annie," I said, giving her a blatant 'Please stop being creepy' stare. She stuck her tongue out at me and continued around the table, giving others their drinks.

"She's the submissive to Mistress Samantha, right?" Master Alex asked as she walked away and I nodded.

"Yeah. They're pretty great together. Annie is a really good friend and Mistress Sam is, uh, a little on the eccentric side, but don't tell her I said that,"

Master Alex smirked, "Of course not,"

"Hey, Quinn. I've got a question," I turned my attention to the Dom across from me, whose name I learned was Theo, "Is it true that you spit in the drinks if you don't like the Dom you're serving it to?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Well, we've heard a rumor that if you don't like a Dom, you spit in their drinks. I just wanna know if it's true or not,"

"Um, no. I can assure you I don't spit in any person's drink. That's disgusting and so far, I haven't really met anyone I don't like,"

Master Theo didn't look very convinced, but Sylvia whispered something in his ear and he scowled, "If you'll excuse us," he grabbed Sylvia by her leash and pulled her towards the back rooms. Guess she was being a brat again.

"I wonder where Theo heard that rumor," Master Alex mused and my gaze automatically shifted to a certain submissive cleaning the bar counter.

Ever since Master Knight's parent's party, Charlie had been out for blood. It started with small stuff. Spilling things and then blaming it on me. Taking the best Doms' orders so he could earn more tips. And now he was spreading rumors. This was getting irritating and I was paper-thin close to strangling him.

"You okay, Quinn?"

"Hmm? Yeah. Yes, Master Alex. I just need to go talk to Master Ken real quick,"

Master Alex frowned but let me leave anyway. Ken was at the front desk where he normally was, talking to Ryan. They had finally gotten on good terms again and were, much to the rest of the bartenders' dismay, flirting and teasing each other nonstop.

They both stopped talking the moment they saw me, "Whoa. What's that face for?" Ryan asked and I nodded my head in Charlie's direction.

"I'm going to strangle that guy if he keeps this shit up," I grumbled.

"What happened now?" Ken asked, already rolling his eyes.

"Apparently I spit in people's drinks!"

"It's true?" Ryan asked and my eyes widened.

"You . . . You've heard that?"

Ryan and Ken hesitated, "No. Nope. Not at all,"

"I'm going to kill him," I seethed and Ken rested his hands on my shoulders and took a few deep breaths. I copied him and huffed. This was becoming ridiculous. Charlie was certifiably insane.

"Just breathe. I didn't think it was true. Most people probably haven't heard the rumor and if they know you, they should know you'd never do that. Charlie is just trying to—"

"He's trying to get me arrested or fired or something. Who does this? Who is so insanely jealous and is crazy enough to feel like this is okay? Can't Master Knight do anything?"