Seven

Quinn

When Ken had told me before work that Master Knight had planned to ask me to be in a contract, I told myself not to get too excited. After all, Ken could have understood wrong or Master Knight could have changed his mind. Despite my own warnings, I couldn't believe my luck. Someone wanted me and not just any someone, the owner had noticed me and wanted me.

And then it came crashing down. Literally. I had expected Master Knight to come rushing to my aid, but instead, it was Ken and Ryan helping me up after Master Knight took off with the other guy.

When Ryan told Owen that the boy who crashed into me was Master Knight's old submissive, I knew it was over. Any chance I may have had were being flushed down the drain.

Owen and Ryan dragged me to the Submissive Changing room and helped me get cleaned up. While my clothes had been mostly spared of liquids, my hair had not. They helped me wash it out as best as possible, but without shampoo and conditioner, I could still smell alcohol in it. Ken came in, fuming and muttering about stupid decisions before he told me Master Knight wanted to see me after closing.

My hopes had started to pick back up until Master Knight just told me he was sorry for Charlie's actions. When I had started to leave, he told me he was sorry again and the way he was looking at me made wonder what he was really sorry for: what Charlie had done or that he was choosing Charlie over me.

It was fine. I was fine. I would be okay, eventually.

My next shift wasn't until two days later and I had avoided the club during that time, if for no other reason than to collect myself for when I saw Master Knight and Charlie. I stepped into the club and immediately wanted to walk back out. Master Knight and Charlie were at the bar, talking and Charlie was being overly touchy.

"Ah, Quinn. Come over here please," Master Knight has seen me before I could hide away in the shadows. I walked over, feeling Charlie's eyes practically throw daggers my way, but he was smiling in front of his Master.

"Charlie, I believe you have something to say to Quinn?"

"Yes, Master. Quinn, I would like to apologize for my actions the other night. Pushing you was wrong and I promise it won't happen again. I happen to be quite the expert when it comes to balancing drinks and things,"

The way he said was almost in a knowing tone. Like he knew that I wasn't that great with the trays and he was shoving it in my face that he did. Unfortunately for him, he didn't intimidate me in the slightest. He annoyed me more than anything. But instead of sneering at him and risking Master Knight's anger, I forced a smile.

"It's not a big deal Charlie. Thanks for the apologies, but I've gotten worse than a few alcoholic drinks spilled on me. Do you need me for anything else, Master Knight? I need to go get changed,"

"No, that was it. As I told you, I wanted to make sure Charlie apologized to you as well as me. Go on and get changed,"

"You know, I think I'll go with you. That way I can get to know who I'll be working with. Is that okay, Master?"

"Of course, Charlie," Master Knight kissed Charlie quickly before Charlie came from around the bar so we could walk to the submissive changing room. Before we got to the door, Charlie placed a hand on my shoulder. I flinched slightly, but he didn't remove his hand.

"Quinn, sweetie, I understand that you have a crush on Master Knight and while I'm sure he would be flattered to know, I ask that you keep it to yourself,"

He did not just go there.

I shoved his hand off my shoulder, "Charlie, I can assure you that I have no interest in Master Knight. He is all yours,"