Chapter 1- Piston Cup Life

Ka-chow! I got a brand new story for you all! *Fanfare* As it says in the summary, this is Fudge in Cars 3! Yay! I hope you're as excited about this fic as I am! :)

Like I did with Life Could Be a Dream and When Life Gives You Lemons, I'll be including Easter eggs to the following things in the story:

1. A113

2. The official release date of that movie (in this case, June 16th, which also happens to be Fudge's birthday!)

3. The day I saw that movie at the movies (June 24th; since I saw Cars 3 at the movies five times, I'll only do the first one)

Yeah, so, keep an eye out for those Easter eggs throughout the story!

Enjoy, guys!

Driven to Win

Chapter 1- Piston Cup Life

"Okay", a voice whispered into the darkness, taking deep breaths in order to clear their mind. "Here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed." The speaker imagined other race cars whipping around the racetrack at lightning speed. "One winner. Forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast." This was followed by more visualisation of fast race cars.

"Uh, Fudge?" a new voice piped up. "What are you doing?"

Fifteen-year-old Fudge Rossi-Topolino nearly jumped out of her skin and opened her eyes in a flash. She felt her face burn when she saw that her surrogate older brother, champion race car Lightning McQueen, was parked in front of her in the Team 95 trailer. He was grinning from headlight to headlight and was struggling not to laugh.

"Lightning!" she exclaimed, giggling. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough!" he replied, suppressing a laugh. "What were you doing?"

"I was just... seeing what it was like to be a Piston Cup racer", Fudge explained. She grinned at him and added, "It's fun!"

Lightning laughed. "Well, you know what they say", he informed her with a shrug. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." He paused and added, "Shouldn't you be in the pits, though?"

"Yeah, I'll go now." Fudge stood up and grabbed her Rust-Eze racing jacket. The jacket was the exact same shade of red as Lightning's paint job with the Rust-Eze logo on the front; yellow lightning bolts running down the sleeves; a black and white checkered pattern on the shoulders to represent the checkered flag and her name and the number 95 graced the back. She wore the jacket with a red T-shirt with a yellow lightning bolt and the number 95 on the front; the necklace in the shape of a silver star that Lightning had given her on her thirteenth birthday (even though Fudge didn't particularly like jewellery, she made an exception for that necklace because it had meaning behind it); red shorts; red and yellow striped socks that came up to her knees and high-tops that look like Lightning McQueen. Finally, her headset and a red glitter top hat completed the look. This was what she wore to every single race, kind of like a uniform.

"All right. I'll see you in a couple minutes."

"Are you gonna get psyched up for the race?" Fudge teased.

Lightning chuckled. "Something like that."

"Do you need to listen to my Get Psyched Mix?" Fudge had a playlist of upbeat, motivational songs, which she called the Get Psyched Mix.

"Thanks, Fudge-O, but I don't think you and I have the same taste in music."

"I have all types of music, so there's gotta be something you'd like." Fudge shrugged. "All right. It's your call. Just let me know if you change your mind."