Chapter 7- From this Moment

(Video at the top is the inspiration for this first scene)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

(Video at the top is the inspiration for this first scene)

Chapter 7- From this Moment

Lightning McQueen groaned as the song "Ironic" started playing.

"Why is this on the Get Psyched Mix?!" he quizzed Fudge.

"Well, I gotta throw in a curveball every now and then because otherwise, you get bored and then the mix doesn't have its intended effect", Fudge explained, trying to sound intelligent.

"No!" Lightning protested. "I wanna get revved up and this song's not doing it!"

It was the day of the Los Angeles 500, the final race of the Piston Cup season. Lightning wasn't giving up. He was determined to win. These past couple of days, he'd been practically living at Willy's Butte. He was willing to try just about anything to make sure he was both physically and mentally ready; even listening to Fudge's Get Psyched Mix.

"It's gonna be weird racing without Cal", Lightning commented as they pulled into the stadium.

"Yeah, we'll all really miss him", Fudge agreed.

"You make it sound like he's dead, Fudge!" Sally laughed.

"Well, it kinda feels like the veterans are going extinct", Lightning pointed out, shuddering at the word veteran. Had he really crossed the other side now? Plus, why was he getting so negative? It was so unlike him.

As usual, upon their arrival, Fudge, Mater, Sally, Sarge, Fillmore, Guido and Luigi made their way to the pits to get set up while Lightning stayed in the trailer to try and psyche himself up. It was while the team were getting set up that they got a big surprise.

"Come on! I told you I've raced for you guys almost ten years, I had two wins last year!" a familiar voice called out. In the distance, they could see Brick Yardley chasing his sponsor. "You can't just do this to me! Give me another chance! I can do better, I promise!"

"And I've told you this is just business", the sponsor responded unsympathetically. "Look, I've already signed on a new racer. Chase Racelott, his name is. He's the best fit for our brand. I'm sorry."

"Brick's gone", Fudge observed, even though she didn't need to say anything. Everyone else had seen.

When Lightning arrived in the pits, he looked distracted and worried. In fact, he almost drove right past his pits.

"Lightning?" Fudge tried to get his attention. "Lightning!"

He snapped out of it and looked her way. "Yeah?"

"Is something wrong?"

"Brick and Bobby are gone."

"What?!" everyone gasped. They'd all known about Brick, but Bobby too?!

Driven to Winजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें