Chapter 20- Chester, Joy and Frances

Guido and Mack stood guard beside Lightning McQueen's trailer, parked at Thunder Hollow Speedway. Only now, the trailer boasted a banner advertising Jocko Flocko's Party Supplies. Behind the trailer, Luigi was tyre-deep in mud, spinning his rear wheels, so that Lightning would get caked in mud, thus concealing his identity. When Luigi was done, the stock car spat some mud out.

"You, sir, are officially incognito", Mack declared, satisfied. "No one's bothering you."

"The great Lightning McQueen", Luigi proclaimed sadly.

"I can feel it, guys!" Lightning announced. "Tonight is the night I find my speed!" As Guido used a cloth to wipe away mud in the shape of the number 15, Lightning looked around at his friends. "So, do you think this disguise'll work?"

As if on cue, he heard an excited, giggly voice (which almost sounded like a southern accent, but not quite) behind him. "Oh, my God! It's Lightning McQueen!"

Lightning, Luigi, Guido and Mack turned to find a teenage girl stood there. She had long blonde hair tied up into a ponytail. She was dressed in dark sunglasses; a faded, torn red cap; a blue plaid flannel shirt; a long white T-shirt underneath; ripped jeans and formerly-white sneakers. All of the clothes had mud on them.

"Uh..." Lightning wasn't sure what to say. "I think you have me mistaken for someone else. My name's Chester Whipplefilter."

"No. You're Lightning McQueen!" this teenager insisted. "I'd know you anywhere!"

Luigi and Guido looked at each other and smiled.

Lightning could tell that she was serious. "All right. Fine. I'm Lightning McQueen."

"I am such a big fan!" Even though her voice was giggly, Lightning didn't pay much attention to it. He knew some people, like Fudge, giggled a lot when they were excited and nervous.

"Uh... Thanks. What's your name?"

"Joy. Joy 'Rider' Sweet."

"Pretty name."

"Thanks! Can I get a picture with you?"

"Uh... Sure."

So, Joy snapped some photos with Lightning McQueen joyfully. "You know, I can't believe you're here! It is such an honour to meet you!"

"Thanks... Hey. Does anyone else know it's me?"

"I'm not sure", Joy replied honestly.

"Well, could you please do me a favour and not say anything to anyone? I'm supposed to be... you know..."

Joy nodded. "I understand. I'm one of you."

Confusion took over Lightning's face. "Uh... What do you mean?"

Joy surprised Lightning by pulling off her hat and hair and sliding off her sunglasses. As it turns out, Joy "Rider" Sweet didn't exist. It was Fudge all along!

"Fudge!" Lightning exclaimed, laughing. "You scared me! I thought my cover was blown!"

"Sorry!" she giggled in her normal voice. "It was just a good idea! And I thought you knew it was me!"

"I guess I'm nervous", Lightning conceded, embarrassed. It wasn't like him not to pick up on the fact that it was Fudge.

Seriously, Fudge continued, "What do you think? I look pretty good, huh?"

"Yeah, you look great!" the race car informed her.

"Can you believe it?!" She stuck out her arms and did a turn. "I got this whole outfit for under twenty bucks."