Chapter 33- Through the Pack

How is Fudge going to fare in the Florida 500? Read on and find out

(By the way, I borrowed a motivational speech from- surprise, surprise- The Internship. I changed the dialogue a little bit to fit the scene better, but the basic point is the same.)

Chapter 33- Through the Pack

"Lightning McQueen's team has entered a different car and a human sporting the 95!" Bob Cutlass announced in confusion.

"I don't believe what I'm seeing!" Darrell Cartrip exclaimed.

"And it appears that the human crew chief is none other than Lightning McQueen's former crew chief, Fudge Rossi-Topolino!" Bob observed.

"I have never seen this before!" Darrell went on. "Is this move even legal?"

Both he and Bob looked to the producers as if to ask what they should do. The producers just signalled for them to continue as usual.

"Well, there's no doubt this is a Piston Cup first", Bob obliged. "And a risky move on McQueen's part. Let's hope it's a risk that pays off."

"You know, at sixteen years of age, I think Fudge Rossi-Topolino is the youngest person to make it into the Piston Cup series!" Darrell Cartrip commented admiringly.

"You're watching this, right?" Ray Reverham radioed to Jackson Storm.

"What? The girls in the costumes?!" he asked incredulously. "You're kidding me! He put them in the race?!"

Then Storm shrugged with a cocky smirk. It doesn't matter to me if it's the old-timer or the wannabe race car and four-eyed baby, who thinks she's so cool, he thought to himself. I don't care which of them I beat.

In the stands, the Legends were surprised by what was happening. Happy, but surprised. They smiled, remembering Fudge and Cruz telling them about their doubts as racers. Now, they hoped that the two of them would get the chance to prove to themselves that they could be racers.

"Come on, Cruz! Come on, Fudge!" Louise cheered for her fellow women as they approached the track.

Back in Radiator Springs, Sheriff and Red's eyes widened at the sight of an unfamiliar yellow car and human girl taking Lightning's place in the race.

"What's he doin'?" Sheriff wondered. "Why's he givin' up his last chance?!"

Red shrugged. Sheriff's guess was as good as his.

All of a sudden, Sheriff realised that the human wasn't so unfamiliar after all.

"Is that Fudge?!" he exclaimed in disbelief.

Red did a double take, staring at the TV in astonishment. Sheriff was right; it was Fudge.

Sure enough, Bob Cutlass confirmed it just then. "And it appears that the human crew chief is none other than Lightning McQueen's former crew chief, Fudge Rossi-Topolino!"