Chapter 5- Severe Storm Warning

So, after some of my own stuff, we're finally getting back into Cars 3! I hope you enjoy! :)

Chapter 5- Severe Storm Warning

"Ready?!" Fudge cried, preparing to commence her cheerleading chant. "Okay!

"Hey! Listen to me! I'm on the mike!

"Whatcha gonna do when the Lightning strike?!

"I said, whatcha gonna do when the Lightning strike?!

"Yeah! Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do,

"Whatcha gonna do when the Lightning strike?!

"Uh-huh! He's on that track! He gonna take the lead!

"'Cause you know darn well that guy is speed!

"He'll get number one, not number two!

"And he's gonna beat the heck outta you!

"What's gonna happen when he runs that race?!

"Lightning will win fir-irst place!

"On the track, he can race, on the dirt, he can drift,

"He'll beat both Weathers and Swift!

"It's a great race, you'll feel alive,

"And guess who'll win, it's ninety-five!"

Lightning smiled at her. "Thanks, Fudge."

Even though she wasn't really cheerleader anymore, Fudge performed her chant at least once before every race. It was her way of wishing her older brother good luck.

It was a couple of months later and things were going great. Fudge's sixteenth birthday had been a blast, with the town throwing her a huge sweet sixteenth party. The racing season was going well. So, this race at the Copper Canyon Speedway proved to be promising as well. After all, race day always put the teenager in a good mood. Witnessing an amazing display of speed and talent. Giving one of, if not, the best race car out there tips. Enjoying friendly banter with some of the other teams. Laughing at a hilarious prank on the victor of the race.

"Wish me luck!" Lightning revved his engine.

"I've told you, Stickers!" Sally responded. "You don't need it!"

"Go get 'em, buddy!" Mater cheered. As usual, he was wearing a funny hat and this one was Fudge's favourite yet. It resembled a racetrack and even had a toy Lightning McQueen racing around it.

"Good luck!" Fudge echoed. She called out a taunting, "Good luck!" to Cal and Bobby, who merely grinned and rolled their eyes.

As all of the racers made their way towards the starting line, Fudge spotted a new car in the pack. He was mostly black with electric blue decals and the number 2.0 on his sides. He kind of looked like a pack of gum. However, that wasn't what stood out about him. He didn't look like any of the other racers; he looked like a younger, hi-tech race car. In fact, he only looked a couple of years older than Fudge herself, so he must have been a rookie (well, of course; if he was young and Fudge didn't recognise him, then that was pretty obvious!). The sixteen-year-old wondered what he was like as both a racer and a person. She'd have to keep an eye on him during the race. More or less, she knew what to expect from all of the other racers, but she knew nothing about this rookie.

As she climbed up onto the crew chief stand, Fudge scanned her surroundings. As she stole a glimpse at the new rookie's pits, she noticed something- or someone she didn't expect to see.