Chapter 39- A Fabulous New Look

The bad news was that Finn and Holley couldn't stay in Radiator Springs for very long before heading off on their next mission. The good news was that the exact same day that they left, London, Smokey, the Legends and even Herman showed up in town! Fudge couldn't wait to show them the town. While London had been there before (not that her family could know it), there were quite a few of them who hadn't. The other good news was what also happened that very same day...

"It's here!" Fudge exclaimed, rushing towards Lightning and Cruz, who were down by Willy's Butte. She had a huge parcel in her hands and immediately, both race cars stopped what they were doing.

"It's here?" Lightning repeated.

"It's here", the human girl confirmed.

"It's here!" Lightning exclaimed excitedly. "All right! We all remember the plan, right?"

"We go to Ramone's", Cruz assured him that she knew.

"And when we're almost done there, I go around town and tell everyone it's time", Fudge chimed in.

Lightning nodded. "Right. Now, let's go!"

Things began to happen fast. Ramone was free and more than happy to help Lightning and Cruz out (although Lightning refused to let Fudge and Cruz see what was going on with him). Fudge tore off through town, yelling, "It's time, it's time!" whenever she saw one of her friends or family members. They all grinned and made their way to Willy's Butte.

When all of them were ready, Fudge dashed off to get herself prepared. In a short amount of time, everything and everyone was ready. The residents of Radiator Springs, Smokey, the Legends, Tex and London were gathered by the butte; Fudge, Lightning and Cruz's families and closest friends. Although most of them knew what they were being assembled for, what they didn't know- not even Fudge and Cruz- was that there was a big surprise coming their way too.

"Welcome, all", Luigi began excitedly, standing in front of the crowd, holding a green flag and looking after Fudge's backpack, "to historic Willy's Butte for today's great exhibition of speed!"

That was Cruz and Fudge's cue. Cruz came flying out of nowhere with Fudge riding on her roof.

"Whoo-hoo!" Cruz hollered while everyone else cheered for them and Herman honked in approval. Both she and Fudge were laughing.

"Yeah!" Fudge whooped with joy as they spun around in a circle.

When Cruz slowed down, everyone caught a glimpse of the new looks that she and Fudge were sporting: their new racing looks. Cruz had wanted to stay yellow, but she now had the word DINOCO written on her hood and her spoiler in shiny dark blue letters. On each of her sides were the Dinoco dinosaur and DINOCO 51 written in the same shiny dark blue paint.

Fudge was wearing a bright yellow full-body racing suit to match Cruz. It had a blue dinosaur and DINOCO 51 printed on the front and the logos of the other Piston Cup sponsors running down her right arm. The suit also had the words FOR DOC HUDSON scrawled across the back. Her new helmet was cobalt blue with FABULOUS FUDGE ROSSI-TOPOLINO written on each side of her head in sparkly golden letters. She had blue goggles and blue and yellow leather gloves too. On her feet were black leather lace-up boots.

"Thanks, guys!" Cruz called out.

"Yeah, thanks!" Fudge chimed in, sliding off Cruz's roof and removing her helmet. She kept her hair held back with a cobalt blue headband.

Herman came running up to Fudge. "Hi, Herman!" she greeted the goose softly, petting him.

"Is this the same Herman Fudge was terrified of?" Sally wondered, trying and failing to hide a laugh.