Chapter 25- Glory Days

I'm pretty excited about this chapter, considering it's one of my favourite parts of the movie. Plus, I've got some new OCs, one of whom is kind of unusual. I really like, so I hope you like this OC too! :)

Chapter 25- Glory Days

"How do you know Smokey's gonna be here?" Cruz quizzed McQueen as they drew closer to Thomasville.

"I don't", Lightning replied.

"Oh. Do you know if he's even alive?"

"Nope."

"Okay..."

"So, tell me this", Cruz requested. "How do you know if it's Smokey? Is there such-"

"Wait! Mack!" Lightning cut her off. "Pull over. Back it up, back it up."

Mack obeyed and Lightning exited the trailer. He was greeted by an ancient sign with Doc's image on it accompanied by the words THOMASVILLE SPEEDWAY HOME OF 51 FABULOUS HUDSON HORNET.

"Good to see you, Doc", the race car murmured to himself.

"Hey", Cruz spoke up as she and Fudge joined him. "Isn't that your old crew chief?"

"And mentor, doctor and father figure", Fudge put in importantly, pushing her glasses further up her nose.

"Hey, Cruz, Fudge. You wanna check out the home track of the greatest racer ever?"

"I know I do!" Fudge answered eagerly, following Lightning.

"Aren't we supposed to be looking for Smokey?" Cruz called after them as she, too, followed. "Oh, that's right. He's dead."

"We don't know that", Lightning reminded her.

"Where the hell is everyone?" Fudge wondered as they walked through the quiet and seemingly-empty town.

"I told you", Cruz replied. "This is a ghost town."

Lightning pushed open the doors to the speedway under the grandstand, the locks so old that they just broke. They groaned with age.

"Are you sure you have time for this?" Cruz asked.

"For this", Lightning assured her, entering the tunnel, "I do."

As the trio entered the racetrack, all three of them felt a wave of nostalgia crash into them. Old and rundown, it may be, but still, it was like stepping back in time sixty-odd years.

"This is amazing!" Fudge breathed.

"I know", Lightning agreed softly. "Wow. If this track could talk!"

"Yeah", Fudge agreed, "this would've been an awesome place to race back in the day."

"It'll be just as awesome now", Lightning insisted. "Cruz, what do you say? Let's take a lap." He revved his engine and shot off to do just that. "Whoa-ho-ho! Yeah!"