02 | F A L S E

_______

F A L S E

(def.) not according with truth or fact; incorrect.

________

P R E S E N T
D A Y

° ° °

J E N N I E
____________  

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
9:42 am

"Hi, come inside." I ushered. "My mom will be out in a minute." I said, returning to the television screen.

"Thank you J, I don't mind waiting for her." her 'friend' smiled

I nodded and pressed play on the remote, particularly disinterested in whatever the dude says.

"Hi babe." my mom smiled, speaking in a tone foreign to my ears.

High heels clicking, bangles jingling.

Do friends her age call people babe?

I had no intention of making it any of my business, therefore I ignored the entire scenery a trillion times, cringing each time.

"Has Jennie offered you anything to drink?" she asked reaching up to kiss his lips.

I saw nothing... Nothing, I repeat.

"I'm not really thirsty, but we can leave if you're ready?" he sweetly asked, and I don't miss the subtle, yet obvious haste in his tone.

"Yes, I'm ready." she began walking to the door. 3, 2, 1... And she remembered that I may have still existed. "Will you girls be okay on your own?" she questioned turning around, using the weird tone in her voice again.

"We will be just fine, Mom. Have fun." I replied, monotonic.

Irene wobbled into the living room, half dressed, 30 minutes later.

"One day Mom will catch you." Ella warned.

"That's if you keep talking about it, idiot." Irene replied, agitation laced in her tone.

"I think Jackson's outside." I announced, looking through the window.

"If mom gets home before me, tell her that I'm sleeping." Irene advises us as she hopped around on one foot, adjusting her knee high boots.

We watched her drive off with her boyfriend until we couldn't see her anymore.

"Jennie." Ella whined.

She wants something from me.

"Lemme guess, pancakes?" I smirked knowingly.

"How did you know?" she dramatically gasped.

I laugh at her in amusement.