15| M E E T I N G ( once again)

"When you said you'll come to me, I didn't expect it to be here, nonetheless, follow me." I said without looking at her.

I didn't have to see her to know that it was her, but I lacked the courage to look her in the eye. Maybe it's because I didn't prepare for this and she took me by surprise, but eventually I'll have to face her.

She followed me to the smoking area of the building. It's private enough for a celebrity who doesn't want to be spotted.

"Jennie. . ." She reached her hand out to me. I didn't pull away.

"Don't do anything that can jeopardize your career." I said, referring to her hand that rested on my hip.

I opened my purse and grabbed a cigarette and lit it up, with my back turned to her, I watched the traffic below from the balcony where we stood.

"So you've been keeping in contact with my sisters, I hear." I said, exhaling the smoke from my lips.

"Jennie, it's been years since we've last been able to talk and see each other. Please turn around and let's talk like adults. I've come a long way." her voice broke.

I swallowed and kept my composure and turned to her.

A different woman stood in front of me. Her platinum coloured hair from when I last saw her is now a dark black and longer than before.

Lisa was always mature and someone that I looked up to. She was my motivator and pushed me to do whatever I believed in.

She always looked so casual and comfortable. She used to have a boyish style, but today, all of that's gone. She's grown into a woman, nearly unrecognizable.

L I S A
___________

L I S A___________

surreal
/səˈrɪəl/

·having the qualities of surrealism; bizarre.
"a surreal mix of fact and fantasy"

__________

Passing by, was only a glimpse of what is now before me. It was too unbelievable, but today we stand face to face and I can truly see that she's changed.

Her back no longer faces me in shame and insecurity of what I may think of her. She doesn't hide and cower away anymore. Her back is turned to me to draw the line of outer limit to where I'm no longer invited to cross over. We used to share our own bubble of personal space. Proximity was a language that we mastered all too well. A language that we used more often than words.

She's more distant and guarded than ever before, however, her beauty still remains, even more prominent than ever, now that she holds confidence and resoluteness. There's a kind of certainty that she has and she no longer wavers with indecision.