Imallexx X James

Prompt:"Are you really judging me?" "You're eating three-day-old birthday cake for 4pm breakfast."

Alex had recently gotten worse when it came to going to sleep-gradually staying up later and later which meant getting up later and later, inevitably making it worse. This all started when he bought a new expansion pack for the Sims, something he never thought would be as addictive as it was, but he should've seen this coming. He had a tendency to get sucked into things.

This time, he had gotten so sucked into the Sims that he hadn't been checking his phone, eating meals, changing clothes, showering, or taking care of himself in general. All he did was play his game and sleep when he could no longer keep his eyes open. If he had been checking his phone, he would've noticed the numerous notifications he had received since starting the game, specifically texts, calls, and voice messages from James who was starting to worry about him. If he had been checking his phone, he would have known that James was coming over to check on him.

Alex was sat at his computer trying to level up his sim's video game skill when he heard a knock at his door. At first, he ignored it, but a moment later they knocked again, loud and demanding. Alex saved his game and peeled himself away from his computer, making his way over to the front door. He peered through the peep hole and was surprised to see James standing on the other side of the door, looking very concerned. Alex opened the door, "James, what're you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? I've been texting and calling you for days. No one had heard from you. I was worried something had happened to you or...nevermind." James paused a moment and then, "I told you I was coming over, but I'm assuming you didn't see it."

Alex shook his head no.

"Babe, you look like shit. What's been going on?"

Alex's cheeks flushed pink with embarrassment. It hadn't occurred to him that he wasn't exactly presentable, and he felt as though his reason wasn't a real excuse. It felt dumb and childish. "I've been..uh...I've been busy."

"Doing what? What were you doing for so many days?"

"You can't make fun of me."

"I won't," he said, knowing full well that if it was good enough all bets were off.

"I've been playing the Sims," he mumbled intelligibly.

"What was that?" James smirked. Seeing his friends harmlessly embarrassed was always fun.

"I've been playing the Sims," Alex said at a normal volume.

James's amusement was apparent on his face, but he didn't say anything. He didn't even laugh, but god did he want to. "And that's it? That's all you've done?"

Alex nodded. James knew that for Alex that he had literally done nothing else. He had seen him like that before, but it was usually due to editing and work-related things. He wasn't aware that this fairly frequently extended beyond his work as well. James knew that Alex's bedroom would be an absolute wreck-dirty sheets, piles of trash everywhere, the whole nine yards.

Alex's stomach grumbled, and James saw his face flush a bit deeper. He chucked, "Go ahead and eat something. I can clean up your room a bit. You need to take care of yourself."

James went into Alex's bedroom and went to work. He threw the sheets in the laundry and put clean ones on the bed. After that, he cleaned up the room so that all the surfaces were clear, all the trash was gone, and the floor was completely visible. He was about to go back out into the living area when he caught a glance at Alex's computer screen. His Sims game was still up, though paused. The lot on the screen was a cute apartment in the Sims City Living expansion, complete with a huge television and a gaming system as well as a huge master bedroom, but it was the household itself that was interesting. Alex had recreated himself, as almost everyone does with their first household; however, there was a second person, James. There was no denying it was James, even if Alex would've changed the name. It was an almost perfect replica of him walking about that apartment. James smiled to himself. He knew Alex wasn't great at expressing his feelings openly, and though it was frustrating, it was just the way he was. Little things like this reassured James and reminded him that Alex could be sweet when he wasn't paying attention.

James left the room to rejoin Alex, who he found hunched over the kitchen table  in an animalistic fashion. James saw that what his body was really hunched around was the stale piece of birthday cake he was shoveling into his mouth as fast as he could. James leaned against the wall, "Seriously? That's the meal you choose to bring you back from the dead?"

"Are you really judging me?" Alex snapped, still a bit more starving animal than sensible human being.

"You're eating three-day-old birthday cake for 4pm breakfast."

"It's quite a bit older than that."

James's face contorted in disgust, "Oh my god, please throw that away."

Alex glared at him before finishing the rest of his cake.

"Will you eat some real food now?" James pleaded with him.

"Fine," Alex conceded, going back to fridge.

"Thanks, babe."