Quarantine Series-Part 2

Prompts: 79. "I'd keep quiet unless you want to get caught"

"Mornin', Alex," George greeted Alex from the kitchen, raising his cup of coffee to him. He had been up for barely half an hour and was helping himself to a breakfast of a microwaved burrito that was slightly cold in the middle at a very early 1:30 in the afternoon. "Coffee?" he offered Alex.

"That'd be great, ya,"Alex said, walking over to the fridge and grabbed himself a bagel. While he's occupied in the fridge he hears a door open and close.

"You didn't" he heard George say.

"Oh, relax. Nothing's going on," you said, having just come out of Alex's bedroom. You went to grab a box of cereal out of the cupboard and poured yourself a bowl.

"Oh, I'm sure," George said.

"Shut up, George. You know nothing's happening. We literally just talked about this yesterday," Alex said.

"There better not be anything going on," George mumbled.

"Anyways..."you changed the subject. "I was thinking of starting up a new game of stardew valley today. Do either of you wanna make a co-op farm?"

"Sounds good. Can I film some of it to put in the background of my next video?" George said.

"Yeah, of course you can," you told him, then, "Alex?"

"Sure," Alex said. "As long as I can marry Leah."

"You bastard! I always marry Leah," you replied.

Alex laughed, "I know. That's why I chose her."

The three of you played Stardew Valley for an hour of so, but you got really sucked into it and ended up starting a game on your own which you played until Alex interrupted you.

"Hey, y/n, are you gonna have some dinner?" Alex asked .

"Ya, I will a little later. I'm just gonna play this game a bit longer," you replied.

"Well it's already 8 o'clock," Alex said.

"It's what?" you replied, shocked. You couldn't believe how completely you had lost track of time. It felt like you couldn't have been playing for more than an hour, but you had spent an entire afternoon glued to your laptop. At least you were already at three hearts in your friendship with Linus, who you always tried to befriend. You felt bad that he was all alone and isolated. Like you were when you first moved to London. Like you would've been now if you hadn't accidentally gotten stuck at Alex and George's place. As much as you felt guilty for accidentally staying well longer than you meant to, you had to admit you were quarantined with your friends instead of with your three roommates you avoid like the plague.

"Come on, let's get you some dinner," Alex said, extending a hand to help you up from the chair you were on. "George fancies himself a baker now, so there's some cake on the table, but I wouldn't recommend eating any. He filled the cake pan up too high, so it's all liquidy in the middle."

"Ew! That's disgusting. Why didn't he just toss it out?"

"He's convinced that the government is going to start short changing us on groceries, so he's too afraid to throw anything out. Even the expired icecream he found in the freezer this morning."

"I mean, I get icecream. I don't think a few months off will really hurt the icecream. Sell by dates are a scam most the time anyways."