Imallexx X Reader (angst/fluff)

Prompt: being told you need to breakup with your girlfriend

Content warning: sexual assault

"I just couldn't believe she could be so mean to me. Everything was fine before I left for Christmas," you ranted at Alex. He was one of your closest friends, and you always ended up telling him whatever you were going through. Currently, you were telling him about your girlfriend who had been acting strange ever since you came back home from visiting your family. "I feel like she's mad at me for not immediately spending all my time with her when I came home, but why wouldn't she just tell me?"

"I think she's always been a bit mean, but this is the first time she's turned that on you. She's just very selfish, y/n. Honestly, I think she still really likes you, and she's mad at you, subconsciously or consciously. I think she's trying to make you hurt, because she wants your attention."

"That's so shitty, though. I think she's just been having a hard time. I can wait a little bit longer to see if her behavior changes." You never felt super strong feelings for her, but you were definitely starting to develop proper feelings before she started being unkind to you and now you just really didn't want to have a hard conversation with her. You had no intention of breaking up with her, but you knew if she didn't change, you would have to talk to her about her behavior and you hated confrontation if any sort.

"It's been almost two weeks, and nothing has gotten better," Alex said, angry but calm. You knew he wasn't angry at you but her for treating you this way. He would never tell you what to do, but he was pretty close to doing so now.

"She's gotten worse actually, but I didn't want to tell you," you were so quiet you almost whispered it. You knew that if you told him what she did yesterday he would hate her, and you still liked her, eventhough you knew you probably shouldn't. You kept protecting her and making excuses for her while she behaved like a frenemy you would have in middle school.

"What did she do?" he asked gently.

"She...um...well you remember that boy from last year? Well...I was talking about him, and she told me to get over it already," you could feel your throat get tight and everything felt slightly more distant. Slower and blurrier.

"She made light of your sexual assault?" he was horrified and barely containing his rage.

You nodded. "She almost sounded jealous that I was thinking about him instead of her, but that doesn't make sense."

"No that makes perfect sense, but it's absolutely disgusting."

You shrugged, trying not to get emotional.

"Did she know that's what he did?"

You nodded and then burst into tears. He slid an arm around you and gave you a side hug. "Hey, hey, hey. It'll be alright. We'll all be there for you no matter what-me and Will and George. All of 'em. You don't have to deal with her right now."

You stayed there for a little bit, crying your eyes out in silence. Afterwards, Alex walked you home to the apartment you shared with your girlfriend. You paused for a moment before going upstairs to your apartment.

"It'll be ok. You can talk to her now or in the morning, but you have to do it," he told you at the door. He left, and you opened the door, going inside to have the hard conversation.