Quarantine Series Part 7

The next morning on your way to work you texted Alex asking him how much he remembered from last night. As anticipated, he didn't get back to you until around noon-probably hungover from whatever the hell he'd been doing the night before. You snuck a peak at your phone when you were in the back grabbing to go boxes.

Shit what'd I do

You spent a while debating whether or not to tell him. You ultimately decided he must've just been drunk and didn't actually mean what he'd said.

You called me in the middle of the night just to recap an entire series of television. Dude how'd you even get that drunk on a Wednesday?
A few minutes later, you got his reply.

Idk it just kinda happened. It was supposed to be a hard earned pint at the end of the work day and it turned into blacking out at 9pm.

You weren't going to judge him. You'd had plenty of nights like that yourself. You were a little worried though and decided to store that away for later. You didn't comment on it either. No use on making him feel guilty when he probably already feels like shit. You guys continued texting whenever you had time during your shift. You guys ended up regularly texting like you were after quarantine for the next few days.

Your work schedule had calmed down a bit, so when Alex asked you to come hang out and play video games, you were free later in the day to come over. You knocked on the door, and he opened it pretty much immediately, as if he had been waiting right by the door. He leaned against the edge of the door.

"Hey, y/n," Alex greeted you. "George is taking a nap right now, so we might need to keep it down a bit."

"Alrighty, how've you been?" you replied. You went to step inside, and Alex backed up, moving towards the television where the game was set up.

"I've been alright. Nothing too crazy going on here just filming and editing and living," Alex said. The two of you sat down on the ground in front of the couch and grabbed the controllers.

"Right so what're we playing?" you asked.

"I was thinking Mario Cart," Alex said.

"Hell yeah! I'll kick your ass," you replied a bit too loudly, then when you realized "Shit, sorry."

"George is still sleeping," he said. "And like hell, you will." He jostled your shoulder, and you stuck your tongue out at him. The game started and you immediately picked Waluigi before he could. He chose Yoshi, and the carts lined up to start. You both were very competitive, screwing each other over every chance you got. By the third round, you started pushing each other and blocking the screen a bit-anything to mess with the other person. You stuck a hand in front of his face during the last lap, making it almost impossible for him to tell what was going on from the bits of the picture he saw in between your fingers.

"Hey, no fair! Move your hand," Alex said, trying to push your hand out of his face. You laughed as you slowly gained on him.

"No way, I'm winning. Who said this was going to be fair anyways," you replied, your cart pulling up right next to his. He pushed your hand out of his face and grabbed your wrist, pushing it to the ground and taking you down with it so you were laying flat on your back. Alex leaned over and kissed you on the lips, both of you dropping your remotes. You both paused for a moment, caught in the intimacy of being so close in that silent space. All background sounds that had previously surrounded the two of you seemed to cease at that moment, and there was no longer anything but the two of you. His lips came crashing down onto yours again, and the two of you remained in a gentle, slow makeout. It seemed to be more full of emotion and care than lust this time, but you were so caught up in the moment that you didn't think about any of it. The both of you seemed to be moving as one, knowing exactly what the other would do and want.

Suddenly, you heard the click of a doorknob turning, and you pushed Alex off of you-quickly and without any warning. He slammed against the bottom of the couch, his shoulder blades making contact first. He opened his mouth to comment, but he saw the door to George's bedroom open.

"Fuck. It's just a game of Mariocart. No need to get violent," Alex tried to play it off.

"God, calm down guys. You woke me up," George said.

"Sorry. My bad," you said.

George grabbed a glass of water and went back into you room. As soon as he heard the door close, Alex turned back to you and gently grabbed your face, leaning in to kiss you again. You closed your eyes for a moment before you realized that George was still just in the other room. You were so close to getting caught. You placed a hand on his chest to stop him.

"We shouldn't," you whispered. "He's literally right in the other room."

"I suppose," he whispered back. "But it'll probably be fine."

"No, no. I should probably go home anyways," you told him, getting up to leave.

"Alright, well we're thinking of going clubbing this weekend. I'll text everyone later."

You nodded and went home.