Twins Part 2

James had been doing a lot of collabs and spending a lot of time with his friends over the week or so that you had been staying with him, and though this meant that you saw them fairly often, you were still very quiet and shy around them. You hadn't quite gotten to the point where you felt comfortable with them. Alex had been showing up unannounced fairly often "just to hang out with James." You assumed that this must just be their dynamic, but you were wrong. Alex had been showing up in hopes that he might see you even if only for a moment. You would hang around while he was over and offer him coffee or tea, occasionally mustering up enough courage to insert yourself into the conversation and try to tell a funny anecdote or make a joke. You always regretted this immediately after speaking, replaying what you had said in your head over and over again and analyzing all the ways it may have seemed weird.

Alex kept suggesting to James that he should get you to join them in an Eboys video, secretly hoping that this might allow him to spend more time with you. He brought it up so often that James was getting annoyed and a little suspicious of why he wanted you in a video so badly. He was used to them jokingly putting his dad in a video or two, but they usually planned that themselves or asked only once or twice before leaving it be. But Alex had been bringing it up pretty much every day since he met you.

"Why do you keep bringing this up? She's not going to want to," James asked Alex. He had shown up unannounced again and was currently looking through James's fridge for a snack he wasn't offered.

"Well, how do you know if you won't ask her?" Alex replied. He could hear that James was getting frustrated with him, and though this was usually where he'd let it go, he had convinced himself that this was his only shot of really getting to know you enough to spend time with you without James.

"Because I've known her for literally my entire life? She's been my best friend since birth, and she has always hated attention." Alex settled on an apple and shut the fridge, turning back to James.

"Just ask her." Alex bit into the apple sending juice running down his hand and then his arm.

"Oh my god, fine. Just stop making a mess of my kitchen. Use a napkin for Christ's sake." Alex smirked, but when James turned around to go talk to you, that smirk turned into a genuine smile.

You woke up to James knocking on your door. You had been trying your hardest to fix your sleep schedule since your new job was starting soon, but no matter how hard you tried, you ended up sleeping til at least 1 pm every day.

"Y/n?" James cracked your door a little and called in. You struggled with the sheets that had tangled around you in your sleep, and you turned towards the door.

"Ya?" you asked, grogginess weakening your voice.

"Sorry to wake you. I just have a question."

"It's all good. What is it?"

"We were wondering, well really Alex was wondering if you wanted to be a part of a video for our Eboys channel." As soon as you heard Alex's name, you felt your heart skip a beat, waking you right up. You barely even thought about what you were being asked, having immediately latched onto the fact that Alex was inviting you to do something. All you could think about was what that could possibly mean. You wanted to think it meant something, but you thought he was probably just being friendly and including you.

"Alex? Alex was wondering? Why?"

"I don't know, but he won't stop bringing it up. I told him you wouldn't want to but-"

"No, no. I want to."

"You want to?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll do it."