Quarantine Series Part 8

You got a group text on Friday afternoon inviting you to go out later that night. You saw that Alex was going and messaged him asking if he wanted to come over and pregame before you all went out with everyone. He said he would be over around 8, so you spent the time before then getting ready and having something to eat. Your general look ended up being dark and a little extra, but who wouldn't be a little extra when they finally go out clubbing after quarantine.

You grabbed the liquor out of your cabinet and made yourself a batch of frozen margaritas in a blender. It was a little weaker than you would usually make it but still stronger than a margarita usually is. You were determined to have a good time and part of that included not going beyond tipsy before you left your place. You had just poured yourself a glass when Alex knocked on your door.

"Hey, come on in," you answered the door. You saw him look you up and down, and you felt your heart jump a little bit at the attention.

"Hey, y/n. You look great. Thanks for having me over," he said, stepping into your place. You both headed over to your kitchen, and you grabbed a glass for him as well. He took a sip and you could see him try not to wince at the tequila taste.

"You good?" you asked.

"Oh yeah, just not quite drunk enough for tequila. I'll get there, though."

The both of you had been chatting and getting along well, and you thought that maybe you were even over the crush you had had on him. You guys just hung out and drank for a while until you had emptied the pitcher. At the moment that you topped off your glasses for the last time, a few of your roommates came into the main living area to hang out. One of them awkwardly waved at you, and you could see that they were waiting for you to leave.

"Would you mind if we just moved into my room? I don't wanna be in their way," you said.

"Ya, sure," Alex said. You could've sworn you saw a look in his eye that you didn't know quite what to make of. Maybe he was uncomfortable hanging out while your roommates were clearly waiting for the two of you to leave. Maybe he was just drunk. Maybe he had other intentions.

The two of you headed to your room. Since you didn't have any other furniture in it, you ended up sitting on your bed, and Alex just stood hovering by the door. He looked around your room, taking in your various clutter and decorations. Your room didn't have a ton of decorations, but you had a few posters, some art made by you as well as art your friends made, and a ton of polaroid photos starting in college all the way through a week or so ago. You didn't really clean up your room as you weren't anticipating anyone actually seeing it, so you were a little bit embarrassed.

"Dude, you can sit down. You don't have to just stand around," you said to him. He laughed a little and then sat right next to you on the bed. If you weren't as close of "friends" as you were, the proximity would've made you very uncomfortable. Even though the two of you hooked up so many times, you felt butterflies in your stomach when he sat down next to you. You felt his thigh press against yours. It was at this moment that you remembered that you were wearing a fairly short skirt, meaning that there was even less material between your skin and his. Your face heated up, and you hoped that it wasn't that noticeable through your makeup. You took a big sip of your drink to distract from how uncomfortable you felt.

"Your room is so cool," he said. You didn't think he meant it and he was just looking for something to say.

"Oh, thanks," you replied. "I'm sorry it's so messy. I didn't think you were going to see it."