Next village

"Over here!" I followed Akira and there we saw the old mans family members beating up Shiemi. She was in tears. Her hand out stretched for Akane's hand. Akane was getting beat up as well. Akira was about to run towards them, but then a hand grabbed him. I felt someone pull my hair. I got dragged away from Akira. Shiemi was being dragged by her hair as well. They threw me in a cave. They tore the kimono a bit.
"She's just a little girl."
"Don't worry."
"She's not even developed yet." They stared at me and smiled.
"Don't worry." I knew what was going to happen. I felt my axe. I grabbed it gently and held onto it for dear life. They got closer to me and started to crawl towards me. I took my axe and swung it towards one of the mens face. He screamed in pain. I chopped the other ones arm. I looked towards the last one. I swung as hard as I could and aim for his leg. I missed and accidentally chopped off his head. Blood splattered on my face. I watched as his head rolled on the ground. I didn't feel anything. I turned to the other two. One was going to die. The other? Probably not. I walked towards him while dragging my axe. I ran to him and swung my axe. It went through his head. I stared at all the dead men. I looked towards my hand. 'So this is how it feels to finally snap.' I took back my axe and went to look for Shiemi, Akira, and Akane.

I saw Akira was already free from the men and ran towards him.
"Akira!" He turned to me and smiled.
"Where's Akane and Shiemi?"
"The others have them." I narrowed my eyes. After a while of looking we were able to find them. We found them in a house, but we were a bit too late. Akane was dead. The men who had Shiemi did what the men that had me wanted to do to me. Akira lost it. Shiemi was crying. Akane died. And I snapped. I ran towards them in anger. I swung my axe violently towards anyone who was in my path. 'Shiemi. Get away from her.' Akira ran towards Akane and tried to see if she was still alive. We both knew that she was dead. I knew he wanted just a bit of hope that she was still alive.

All the men were dead. I stared at Shiemi. I hugged her while she cried.
"Why? Why (Y/N)?" I could feel my haori get wet.
"What have we done? Why does the gods hate us?" I looked towards Akira. He was hugging Akane tightly to his chest while crying.
"Nothing can stay the same. Nothing will be perfect. But no matter what.....we have to keep going. Even when it's hard." I could feel the house burning. I could feel the heat. I looked towards Akira.
"Akira. Let's go. We can bury her." He nodded his head and carried her bridal style. I carried Shiemi and ran out the building with Akira. When we were out the building started to tumble down. Shiemi was still crying. Akira stopped crying, but I could tell he was hurt. I walked towards him.
"Let's bury her somewhere." We found a field of flowers and buried Akane. I stared at Akira. He looked at me. There were no life in his eyes. He hugged me tightly.
"Don't leave me."
"We won't. We never will." I turned to face Shiemi. She looked exhausted. I could tell that she was starting to lose life in her eyes as well. I'm starting to lose sanity. Shiemi was losing hope in humanity. Akira was slowly breaking apart.
"Let's go to the next village."
"Do you think we can stay there?"
"Not sure."
I stared at Akira.
"I'm sorry Akira." He looked towards me.
"Why?" I looked to the ground.
"If I hadn't taken so long then Akane would still be alive."
"It's not you fault. There was no way that we avoid all of this." I knew that. I knew that there was no way to avoid all this, but I still felt guilty.

8 weeks later
We couldn't wait to find a village to stay at. I smiled.
"We are almost there." Shiemi sigh in relief. She must have been tired. Her leg had healed and she to walk again. I looked at Akira, he looked guilty. I slapped both of my hands on his cheeks.
"Don't. Don't feel guilty." He nodded his head. I hugged him.
"We all feel guilty." He nodded his head again.. I pulled away from him and grabbed his hand.
"Let's go." I started walking on the dirt road.

On a certain stop there was a cliff and a small pond. I went to the stream to wash my bloodied hands and face. I looked into the reflection and stared at my self. 'I look like a mess.' I looked up and saw that Shiemi was walking towards the cliff. It was seemed small.
"What are you doing?"
"Do you remember playing a flute on a cliff just like this?" Akira nodded his head. He walked towards the edge of the cliff and took out his flute. He started playing the same song. I walked to them smiling. I was behind Shiemi. She walked forward to Akira, but slipped and was falling down the cliff. I ran to her in panic. Akira was able to catch her by her wrist. I looked at Shiemi's face. She looked terrified. I asked her to give my her other hand. I grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her up with Akira. We all sigh in relief.
"Let's keep going." They nodded their heads. We continued our way to the village. It seemed to be closer.