Demon attack

I stared at Belbe, Haru, And Yumi. I sigh and smiled.
"It's like having a family. A bigger family, one where we will all grow old together." Akira looked to me and smiled.
"It is. But what will we do when they are grown up? Do we eat them?"
"N-no! They are our family!" Shiemi seemed to be upset about what Akira had said.
"What wrong with you Akira?"
I sigh at him and shook my head.
"Let's rest. Tomorrow we are going to find a job."
Akira and Shiemi nodded their heads, agreeing with me. I rested my head on my pillow and closed my eyes shut.

The next morning I woke up and saw that Shiemi was also awake. Akira was still sleeping. I looked at Belbe, Haru, and Yumi squeezed together. I smiled and got up. I stretched my arms and yawn.
"Good morning Shiemi."
"G-Good morning (Y/N)."
I squat down and patted Akira's hair. I got up and warmed my hands on the fireplace. 'That's strange....did Shiemi set fire on the logs?' I looked to her and she looked back nervously.
"You.......your thinking the same thing right?" I stared at her.
"What do you mean?"
"I thought it was weird when I awoke that the fire was still going. It should have been out during midnight or when it was turning morning. There's no way that the fire could stay this long....." Shiemi was afraid and so was I.
"Unless....." I turned to the door.
"Someone broke in......." Shiemi was full of fear.......I was scared for all of our safety..
"(Y/N), Shiemi...."
I turned to Akira. He seemed to look like he was awake up all night. He crawled to us and whispered in our ears.
"I saw something last night........ It touched Shiemi's face and licked her cheek...... It turned to you and gently grazed its finger over your body..."
Hearing this I went wide eyed and was shaking. I felt myself go cold. I slowly turned to Shiemi and she had fear written on her face. She covered her face.
"Is......I-is that why I felt my cheek feel weird last night?"
She turned to face us and was shaking violently. Her eyes were wide and her lips trembled.
"Do you guys think.................do you think somethings out there?"
"It......it looked like a.... It was deformed and it looked like a monster..."
I held both of their hands tightly. My whole body shook of fear and confusion. If something was out there...... Then what was it? What did it want? Why was it here? Did it live here? So many questions filled my head as I scrambled to find a excuse or a answer. But nothing had fit with my answers.... Akira held me.
"Are we going to die?"
"We won't. I'll make sure of it. I'll protect you two. I'll make sure to not let it hurt us."
I could feel tears threatening to spill out. Shiemi held me tighter than Akira.
"D-do you think this is where we are going to die?"
"I told you I'll protect us."
I felt Shiemi hid her face in my shoulder. Her tears dampen my kimono. Akira hid his face in the crook of my neck. He was crying too. We were all crying. Scared of each other's safety. I stroked their hair and tried to calm them down. I was trying to comfort them. I sigh a shaky sigh and smiled with dry eyes.
"We will get through this together."
"Maybe we should figure out what's out there first."
I nodded my head and patted Shiemi's head. Akira pulled away from me and wiped his tears away. Shiemi pulled away too and rubbed her eyes. I got up and tried to open the door. It was stuck. I violently shook the door knob. I started to panic. I slowly looked to them.
"It's not opening."
I heard a giggle. We all heard it. We looked to the corner.
"You all have such soft, tender, tasty flesh. Kids always taste the best."
Shiemi scooted closer to Akira and clung onto him. I scooted closer to the door, still trying to open it.
"Are you scared?"
I violently pushed the door and was able to open the door.
"Why you!-
"SCATTER!"
I ran out as fast as I could, not caring if my feet were cold. Shiemi sprinted to the door and Akira being the person he is ran out as well while planning something.

It had been a few minutes already and my feet felt frozen. It felt like they were burning. But I kept running. 'Where is Akira's plan?'
"I see you!~"
I heard the demons voice next to my ear. I could feel it's breath on my neck. 'Akira!' Quickly turning the other direction, I ran towards the cliff. 'My only hope right now is the lake.'
"(Y/N)!"
'Shiemi?' I didn't stop and kept running towards the lake. 'What's going on?'

I huffed and puffed, out of breath.
"~ I have both of your friends~ my friends were able to catch them both~"
I turned to him.
"Akira is smarter than you think. Shiemi is small. She's able to escape easily through small spaces and she faster than she looks."
"What about you?"
I turned away, spitting on the dirt.
"You piss my off."
"Awww, are you going to cry-
I heard a sword unsheathed and saw that the demons head was off cleanly. I backed away slowly shocked.
"Are you okay?"
I turned my head up and saw a strange man. He had on a white haori and had a sword.
"Are you okay my child?"
He reached his hand out to me and I just nodded my head.
"I'm going to find your friends." I followed him, wanting to go with him.
"You can't-
"Get away from her!"
I turned my head towards the direction of the cliff and sprinted to it with the man. He picked me up and jumped from tree to tree.

Once we got there the demon was hold Shiemi by her hair.
"Kill me and these kids will die."
The demons long nails were slowly digging into Shiemi's neck. Akira seemed to be beaten up badly. Rage filled me. The man had placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled.
"I'm going to save them."
I shrugged off his hand and walked towards the demon slowly.
"Take me instead."
The demons smiled got wider and wider.
"I'll-
Akira suddenly got up and sprinted towards the demon. Stunned the demon had let go of Shiemi and was concentrated on Akira.
"Get away from him, child!" The man ran towards Akira and the demon. But before he could reach Akira I swooped in and pulled Akira away from the demon. I pushed the demon and I near the cliff. Looking up to the demon with my eyes glowing and full of rage I said, "I promised to protect them. No matter. WHAT." I pushed the both of us off the cliff. I could feel myself falling. The breeze felt nice.
"It's okay."
I gasped and saw that the strange man had caught me. I felt the demons arm around me.
"I'll kill the demon."
With one slice the demon had died. The man pulled me up and hugged me.
"Are you okay?"
I got up and nodded my head. I bowed, thanking him.
"I knew you would come here and do something reckless to save us."
"Quiet Akira."