Snowfall

When I woke up I noticed that Akira was gone. Shiemi was sleeping next to me peacefully. I stared at her then stood up and got my haori. I looked towards the duckling and chick, I smiled. I put on my haori and walked outside. I saw Akira outside chopping trees.
"What are you doing Akira?" He looked at me and stopped chopping the tree.
"I'm chopping trees." He got back to chopping the tree. I grabbed my axe and started to chop some trees as well. I started and feel a bit cold. 'I never thought that it would so cold.' I wanted to wrap my arms around myself, but couldn't. I saw small white spots on the ground. 'Is it snowing?' I looked up and saw snow. It was beautiful. The snowflakes looked all different and unique.
"Isn't the snow beautiful, Akira?" He stared at me and sigh.
"You think everything's beautiful." I shook my head.
"Not everything. I only think some things are beautiful. Like a field of flowers."
"I can agree with that."
I nodded my head and watched the tree fall down. I stepped back not wanting it to hit me. Akira started to cut the tree into pieces.
"Careful." I said.
"Okay."
I looked towards the cabin. I put down my axe and walked towards Akira. I whispered into his ear quietly.
"Is the cabin suspicious?"
He nodded his agreeing with me.
"Everything we need is always here."
"There's a farm behind the cabin." Hearing this I went wide eyed and froze. I felt some fear and confusion wash over me. Akira could tell that what I was feeling. He stared at me with nervousness. 'Why did everything we had needed here already?' I stared at him with sweating dripping down my forehead. Akira grabbed my hands.
"Your hands are so cold. Let's go back inside."
I nodded my head and grabbed some chopped wood to bring inside. Akira did the same thing and followed close behind. When I got back inside I sigh in relief. I felt warm and safe in the cabin. I stared at Shiemi and smiled. I put down the chopped wood and walked towards Shiemi. I put my hand onto of her forehead and smiled. 'I wonder what she is dreaming about.' She smiled. 'Must be a nice dream.'
"Stop being weird (Y/N)." I looked at him and sigh.
"I'm not being weird. I'm just making sure that Shiemi might not be sick."
He put the wood in the fireplace and turned to me. His arms wide open. I stared at him confuse him.
"What?"
"Come here, (Y/N)."
I stood up and went to him.
"You want a hug?" He shook his head looking away.
"No. I'm just cold."
I hugged him and smiled.
"I didn't think you would want a hug." He sigh and pulled away. He walked towards Shiemi and patted her head. 'Why is he so out of character?'
"Look who's being weird now?" I crossed my arms and smiled at him teasingly. He sigh and threw his pillow at me. I stumbled back and grabbed his pillow. I hugged it against my chest and looked at him with a confused face.
"What's with you today? Why are you so out of character?"
He looked away and sigh.
"I just feel like being affectionate. It's so cold, that I want to keep you two warm."
"That's sweet of you."
He turned to me and glared at me. "Shut up." I smiled at him. Shiemi woke up and rubbed her eyes.
"Morning. Why is it so cold?"
I looked towards the cabin door.
"It's snowing. It's winter."
She smiled at me and nodded her head. She then looked towards the door and sigh.
"We don't have any shoes. Maybe we should try and make or find some."
Akira looked at her and nodded his head. I nodded my head as well. I walked to the chicks and duckling. I scooped them up and smiled. I put them on my futon and laid down next to them smiling warmly.
"It's so nice to have some peace again."
Akira looked at me and nodded his head. He sat in front of the fire and tried to warm his freezing hands. Shiemi sat next to him and pulled her legs up to her chest and smiled.
"I hope this ends. I wish we were in peace."
"I know Shiemi. Akira hope we find peace too right?" He nodded his head.
"But, for peace to come, War must happen."
Shiemi looked to me sadly.
"But do you think this would end?"
"Yes. But not right now. I overheard the villagers talking about in the Sakura State a war happen. It hasn't end though."
I looked at the duckling and chicks.
"Is it weird that I feel like a mother to the duckling and chicks?" Akira turned to me.
"That was random. But yeah. I get where your coming from, I feel responsible for their lives even though they are just animals. I have a feeling to protect them."
"I.....I want to protect them too."
I gently patted their heads and smiled gently. I never really felt so safe, warm, and happiness. It was like having a real family. Shiemi, Akira, duckling, and two chicks.
"Let's name the babies."
I nodded my head.
"The duckling, Belbe. The boy chick is called, Haru. And the girl will be called-
"Let's call her Yumi."
I turned to Akira shocked. Shiemi was clearly shock as well.
"Alright. She'll be called Yumi."
I didn't really think that Akira would want to name a chick. I liked the name Yumi, it was very cute. I turned to Belbe and held her.
"Do you guys think we can raise them alone?"
"If we need to, we might have to steal things."
I stared at him. And sigh.
"How are we going to steal when Shiemi doesn't want too. We know that Shiemi always does the right thing."