why won't you believe me*(28)

The man answered just after the first ring.

"Hey boss what's happening?", "It's not your boss it's Ajax Tailor Khaya". "Boss's wife?", "Yes Hekhule". "What happened Makoti?", "Sthe, was arrested I need your help".

The line was silent for a moment then he spoke again . "Don't worry I'll take care of it, it might take a few days though" . "No, I need my husband now" . "No you have to wait a while I understand your worries".

"You don't!", I yelled angrily , tears were falling freely from my eyes now . "Shit!" The man cursed , "please don't cry boss will kill me" .

I laughed a bit at that . "Look give me just three days okay" , "okay" I replied in a weak voice. After hanging up I drove to the police station, I could not calm down and my hands shook as I drove .

I got there and parked quickly, I ran into the station a bit out of breath , man I had to get in shape or was it the pregnancy? I wondered. "Hello I'm Ajax" , I said to the reception lady , "what do you want?" The white lady asked .

"I want to see Sthembiso Khaya", "oh that man" she said her face turned in a sneer . I looked at her bewildered , "are you going to let us meet or not?", "No I can't do that sir I don't have the authority".

"Then where is your station commander?", "He is busy" , I was really getting angry at the woman , "look lady that man is my husband" , she looked appalled by my words I swear.

"Your a faggot who married a baboon?" At that I lost it I began to throw anything I can find at the glass window protecting the lady .

She screamed and many police officers came to subdue me . I kicked at them wanting to get my hands on the homophobic , racist bitch. "Sir calm down" they tried to calm me down. I broke down , and just cried .

"Let me see my husband his innocent" , "sir we still have to investigate Mr Tailor ,was badly injured" , "badly? All Sthe, did was hold his hand to stop him from slapping me" .

"No, Mr Tailor, has wounds on his head and left hand" my jaw dropped , "my father is lying , I swear believe me" . "Sir you have no evidence of your words" ,"and you do?" I asked seriously.

They kept quiet at that , "sir this is just standard procedure, a criminal is a criminal". "Your criminals, my father is a criminal!!", I yelled angrily .

"Why won't you believe me? , why are you doing this? did my father pay you all" . They did not speak , I laughed without any humour in my voice.

"This is justice, you actually call yourselves individuals of the law? accusing an innocent man of a crime he did not commit? Wow, I truly love the law of this country .

Anyway as for me I'm not leaving until my husband is released". "You have to go home sir, everything will be taken care of" . "No it will not ,I'll stay here and wait".

They tried to drag me out but then I asked a question , "how many days will I have to do if I slapped a police officer?", "A week" the man said in a monotone voice .

I smirked then punched him , it felt good , I placed both my hands infront of me . "If my husband is staying in this hell hole Then so will I , come on arrest me".

They just stood there, "what are you waiting for? You arrested my husband without question or evidence, why are you hesitating?","sir go home" .

I was beyond angry , what was even going on? I chocked on a sob, I just wanted my husband . I drove to my father's house at full speed when I left the station , I'd really give him a reason to send me to jail .

Good Ajax, is gone daddy dearest , not when my husband is involved.