twins of different colours*(34)

I sat on the hospital bed and the  nurses gave me my twin boys . I smiled looking at them , then I noticed something about them which was different. One had pale skin like myself and the other had dark chocolate skin like Sthe .

Though I noticed this difference I still thought my babies were very beautiful , too beautiful actually. The pale twin had an odd resemblance to Sthe , his dark chocolate eyes and dark black hair , you could clearly see who was his father .

The dark twin had my features , from my brown hair to my blue sea eyes . Their features were really surprising yet ever so accepted , atleast by me and my husband. I knew he'd hurt anyone who'd look at our twins the wrong way.

My eyes went to Sthe , and our gazes met , "their so beautiful Sthe ", " surely they have to be their our twins" Sthe , replied oddly proud . I had to laugh a little at his behaviour
"I see you have become humorous Sthe", " have I?" ,"Yes you have .

Anyway going back to the main point , our twins need names because I'm not calling my babies , baby 1 and 2 okay".

Sthe , looked at me , "I have an idea Dali", my eyes stayed on him urging him to continue. "I'll give them the Zulu names and you'll give them English names ". I nodded his idea was brilliant.

"In that case we'll name the dark chocolate one first " I said looking loving at my dark look alike .

"His name will be Amandla ,which means strength in Zulu" Sthe ,said with a small smile on his face . I nodded loving the name "I'll call him Joy , since he will bring happiness to our lives.

Sthe , seemed to like the name as well , we turned our attention to Sthe's lookalike, "he'll go by Ukhanyo, which means light " I smiled at the name . I looked deeply at the child and a name just came to my mind , "Gift" I blunted out.

"That is a lovely name " said Sthe , but I on the other hand felt it had a deeper meaning than just an ordinary name. I smiled non the less. The nurse wrote the names down and left .

My family Soon came to visit us and they gushed over the twins who were different even in personality. Joy , was really naughty and cheerful , while Gift , just looked calm though curious .

"They are so cute " grandpa Titan, said in tears , I could not stop myself from laughing. "Why did we not have such cute babies?" He asked grandfather , who had no words to say to answer the question.

Uncle Sona , on the other hand just looked offended. "Dad , how could you say I'm ugly?"  Grandpa Titan, looked at him with with a raised brow ,"boy your as ugly as your father " l laughed at the shocked faces of the two man .

Sthe , just looked amused , "are you going to tell me I'm ugly too in the near future?" He asked , his amused eyes now looking at me .

" Oh hell no , you'll always be my handsome prince even when we're old and grey" his smile became a little more visible and he held me gently and we kissed.

There was always something magical when we kissed , it made me feel such joy and the sparks ,oh my goodness.

"I love you " , "I love you more Dali" . Days passed and I was finally discharged from the hospital , we took our twins home and everything was going so well.

That is until grandma , decided to visit me again , she never brought good news , though I liked seeing her it always made me feel like she was the messager of bad luck.

"I see your happy , your babies are so beautiful , but remember what I said a while ago , when the twins turn two years old , take them back home , that is where they belong , especially the gifted child" .

"Grandma , which one of the boys is the gifted one? I asked curiously, "you'll see in due time , the gifted child will reveal himself , just accept him and love him non the less .

I nodded , I knew I'd love my child no matter how he was, I was going to be different from my parents , I was going to be loving and caring but most of all supportive. Grandma ,seemed to read my thoughts as she smiled

" I'm glad your his mother , atleast he won't be condemned like I was , he won't be lonely like I was , he will be different"

Her words made me sad as Sthe , told me her story . It was truly heartbreaking how humans could not accept those who were different from them.

"Oh ,one last thing ,the gifted child has a significant other back in South Africa, no one else can marry him if not that person ".

"Grandma, how will he know who is his beloved ?" , "Sthe, knew ,so the child will know, I have to go now please remember my words , when their two take them home". Her voice vanished after that.

That is when I woke up and I decided to visit the boys' room just to check on them . They got me worried especially since I did not know which one was the gifted child. I looked into their crib and they were sleeping peacefully . I sighed before I felt strong arms wrapping around me.

"Dali , why are you awake ?" ,"I wanted to check on the twins , I'm so worried about them Sthe" , "we can get through everything together Dali , trust me the twins will be fine , they have a strong support system after all , me , you , your family and my family" .

I will admit those words made me feel better , I turned in his arms and kissed him sweetly , he picked me of the ground gently and I smiled, then I remembered something.

"Sthe ,where is Bonnie?" , "You mean the rabbit?", "Yes Sthe , the rabbit", " I gave it to Lebo","the same Lebo , you said knows different ways of how to Cook a rabbit?", "Yes".

"Sthe , how could you? If something happens to my rabbit I'm never talking to you again" Sthe , just  chuckled and pecked my cheek , "don't worry I told her the rabbit was special and can't be eaten or I'll cook all of her clothes" .

I just had to laugh at that , my husband was a bit crazy sometimes . "Now Dali , can I get my kiss , I've been starving these past three months" my cheeks became inflamed at that and I hit his chest playfully .

His deep chuckle sent shivers down my spine . We once again kissed , and my husband showed me just how much he missed me when I was asleep for three months .

If my sore waist was not proof of how much he missed me then I wouldn't know what was .

_______________________________________Hey everyone here's an update , hope you like it , thanks for reading my story 😘😘