8 Catching something

You had been sat on Bakugo's lap for what felt like decades. Between you two, only occasional soothing whispers and sniffles could be heard.
Although rash and overbearing...you saw a side to Katsuki you didn't think to be possible.

The siren's in the distance gave you a mass sense of relief, which unfortunately, was short lived.
As the paramedics lifted you onto a stretcher you could hear Bakugo's livid voice arguing with someone.

"I'm getting in that ambulance with her!! There's no fucking way I'm leaving her with a bunch of strangers!" The blonde shouted, abruptly shoving past a pleading responder.

'Maybe his headstrong personality wasn't so bad after all..' You thought as Bakugo pulled himself onto the back of the ambulance.
Without thinking, you lifted your hand up, beckoning him over.
"Can I..." A content sigh escaped your lips as his hands gently moved to cradle yours.

"I said I was here didn't I? You can relax now stupid.." His thumb began to soothingly brush against your soft skin.

"Please...d-don't..let.....go.." Your words trailed off as you finally gave in to the exhaustion. Between working for maybe an hour and having lost a decent amount of blood, it was a miracle you'd stayed conscious for that long.

You weren't entirely sure just how long you were out for, but you did know your mind woke up before everything else. Drowsy on pain medication you'd been given, your ears seemed to be the only part of you functioning.

The sound of hurried footsteps began to echo down the hall as the words 'Which room?' And 'Where is that?' Were occasionally called out.

"Finally..." Midoriya let out a well needed sigh of relief. He was close to heart broken by your situation, but also glad you had made it out.
Looking to your bedside, he was shocked to not only see Bakugo...but also his hand resting on top of yours. Things only got more surprising as he approached and that hand didn't withdraw.
"H-How...is she?" He whispered, taking a knee on the opposite side of the bed.

"According to the doctors she's fine..." Bakugo began, looking over your paled features. "I don't know about mentally though. She was in pretty rough shape when I...I.."
He couldn't bring himself to admit how long you'd been alone. An overbearing feeling of regret seemed to be looming over his shoulder.
"The person that had her...was stripping her down.."

Deku swallowed back a lump that was starting to choke him up. "D-Do...you know if he..y'know.."

Sighing softly you finally found the strength to speak up. "No..." You felt the hand holding yours suddenly tighten, seemingly offering a silent amount of support. "He...said he was going to skin me alive. The way he said it..I-I think he's.."
Eyes still closed, a few tears began to roll down your cheeks. "I think he's done it before,but succeeded! Somewhere h-he probably has a—"

"Shh...calm down. You don't have to worry anymore. I'm sure the guy is locked up rotting in a cell already." Bakugo soothed, relieved to see you slowly open your eyes.

"You should be this nice all the time...it's nice to not be called a Hag every five seconds.." You let out a tired chuckle as Bakugo's hand finally pulled away from yours.

"Don't get used to. You're still an ugly Hag...I'm just doing my job as a hero. I've been told my rescue behavior needed some work..." The blonde grumbled as he leaned back in the chair he'd been sitting in.

"Kacchan! Honestly! She's been through all of that and you still insist on saying that abo—"

Your hand reached out to grab Deku's, quickly silencing him. "It's okay, Midoriya. After all, he's still a shitty Dickhead." A cheeky grin spread across your lips as you watched Bakugo pout in his chair.

"Whatever! Just heal up soon, (Y/N). I still want a rematch with you." Katsuki gave a nod to Deku that said 'take it from here' before heading out of the room.

You had to process the boy's words for a moment. "Huh..." You found yourself smiling. "I guess he does know my name."

Izuku wasn't exactly sure what he'd just witnessed...but he knew better then to ask about that right now. Moving over to the now empty seat, he was quick to take your hand again.
"I'm not going to go anywhere, (Y/N). You still look really tired..so go ahead and rest a bit more."

You didn't have to be told twice. The instant you shut your eyes again, you were out like a light, the tears from before eventually falling to a stop.

Izuku waited until he was sure you had fallen asleep before he let go of your hand.
He didn't know what to make of all of this. His primary worry should've been on a possible surge of a new crime group...but all he could think of was how Bakugo seemed to be getting to you.
He wasn't jealous...he was more so worried. If the two of you somehow ended up together..would he treat you right? Would he actually start using your name?
He'd only known you for a couple days but he found himself rather attached already. You'd taken time to train with him, talk with him, and laugh with him. It was a friendship he knew he'd be treasuring for a very long time.

Bzzzt

Deku quickly pulled his phone from his pocket, tip toeing from the room.
"H-Hello..?"

"How's (Y/N)? Is she awake yet?" Eraser asked through the phone, giving the green haired boy quite the surprise.

"You just missed her, she went back to sleep once Kacchan left. She says she's alright but...she is worried about the crime.." Sighing he propped himself up against a wall. "She thinks that the villain did this before and succeeded. She went as far as suggesting a possible hideout."

The line went silent for a moment.

"Alright, we got the guy in custody. I'll ask some questions...tell her I'm sorry that this happened. I will take responsibility for her injuries." With that said Aizawa hung up the phone.

Deku was left with more questions then answers but he knew one thing for certain. They needed to figure this out before any more people were taken.