Chapter 1

Jacob's p.o.v

I wake up with this empty feeling in my heart again as I toss and turn in the bed like a madman in pain. This is how I've been the whole night because of how difficult it is to find a position to sleep in with a bruise coating one side of my body.

It's already morning. The sunlight struggling to get through the curtains give it away making me immediately think of school and a scowl appears on my face in an instant. Not that I hate school, I just hate the way I'm being treated there. If I'm not in the library I'm getting picked on and whenever I am in the library the silence keeps reminding me of my loneliness.

Maybe I'd be able to tolerate it if I had friends to keep my mind from drifting away but I don't. Making friends doesn't sound like something someone like me can do. I'm pretty sure no one wants to get caught interacting with the freak.

Sigh...

With a lot of effort and nonstop groaning, I manage to sit up on the bed with my hair all over my face and head down. I take a deep breath then place my feet on the cold floor to get up. 'I didn't hit my leg when I was pushed against the locker so hopefully, I'm not limping' goes through my mind as I stand up putting all the pressure on my scrawny legs and take a step forward towards the long mirror in my room. I'm completely fine, no limping.

As soon as I make it in front the mirror, I lift my oversized shirt up and hiss when I see the bruise. It's so huge and painful and tears come rolling down my cheeks when I try to touch it causing pain to shoot to my chest. Normally, I don't end up with bruises as big as this one when I'm cornered at school. Just a couple of scratches here and there because my skin is sensitive, but that's just because I was never kicked when I fell before so this is to be expected. They really did a number on me when I don't do anything but breathe and look down.

I don't blame them at all, I deserve it. I deserve everything they did to me. Maybe next time I won't get so excited and believe them when they ask me to hang out. I don't even fit in their category. Heck, I don't even play football. They're muscular and big and I'm just a scrawny little boy. I'm such a sucker for affection.

I look at myself with disgust plastered all over my face and sniffle because of the sight in front of me.

Flaws are everywhere

"I h-hate you" I whisper hatefully under my breath with gritting teeth and my fist balled up. That's how much I despise looking at myself. I hate it so much...my arms...legs...everything.

Why can't I be muscular like everyone else...

Like father wants...

Why do I have to be like this...

"Oh my God, honey what happened to you" and I swiftly cover my torso and wipe my face even though it's too late.

She's already in the room and there's no use hiding anything now. "Jacob who did this to you" she demands pulling my shirt back up while her eyes make holes into my face and I try my best to avoid eye contact.

"no one, I-I just fell" I murmur taking a step back so I can get away, but she puts her hand on my shoulder and gives me a concerned look.

"Did these boys hurt you again?" she questions and I shake my head looking down making her sigh, "Jacob, we need to go to the principle" she goes making me nervous.