Chapter 30

Jacob's p.o.v

"My name is Jacob Park and uhm, I-I'm.... I've been uhm..."

"Come on, Jacob, take your time. We're all here for you and I'm a hundred percent sure you won't be judged by anyone between these four walls. Right guys?"

"Right" the group of people I'm surrounded by agree in sync with the nice lady.

"See? There's nothing to be ashamed of. We're all going through things and we all have our differences" she encourages me and squeezes my hand for me to proceed so I exhale sharply and start my introduction all over again. This time I won't stutter.

"Okay, whew, uhm....my name is Jacob Park, I'm depressed and I want to do something about it."

"Hi, Jake."

"Hello, Jake" everyone murmurs all at once making me want to crawl back into my shell and I feel a soft hand pat me on the back, it's the lady.

"You did great" she whispers with a smile and I sigh in relief.

I did great and I'm still doing great.

~~~~

How to make spaghetti . . .

I've been searching for the easiest and fastest recipes all over the internet for quite a while now and it seems as if I've finally found what I've been looking for so I quickly go over the ingredients.

The way everything was put down makes the meal sound so easy to make. Even some nice pictures of a woman who tried it who tried it are attached under the recipe. To be honest it looks a little bland in my eyes, but I'm sure it must've been delicious to eat.

People have also left some feedback under her post. Some are praises and some are just plain mean, especially the one person that said she sucks and can't cook. I think she did her utmost best so I guess I'll use this one, but first let's see if I have all the ingredients.

I place my phone on the counter and take everything out.

a box of spaghetti

"Check."

a jar of marinara sauce

"I think so" I shrug telling no one in particular as I twirl the glass jar filled with a red substance inside and a green lid. The woman from the store where I bought it says it's the best Italian sauce.

Two large pots, one for boiling the pasta and the other for making the sauce

Now this makes me frown a little. "A pot for making the sauce? I thought I'd only have to warm it up? Oh well."

And salt

"Nothing else? Okay this is easy. I can do it" I softly pat myself on the shoulder before filling a pot almost to the brim with water.

I've never cooked such a big meal without help before, but I can do it right? There's no other choice anyway so I turn the stove on and place the pot on top of it. I'm so excited at the thought of finally cooking something that I patiently wait for the water to boil.

Cooking seems so fun now that I'm trying it out. I've been living off of noodles and fast food for a while now and I'm very much aware of how unhealthy it is, but who says I'll stop because hey, fast food comes prepared and I'm lazy.

When bubbles start appearing on the water, I smile at the beautiful sight with both my fists under my chin and decide to bring a finger closer to burst one, but I quickly pull my finger away with a silent cry.