Chapter 16

Comment, vote and follow meeee🤗

Arthur's p.o.v

An Eric Bellinger song blasts softly through the radio as I drive around the neighborhood with Jake rambling in the passenger seat. He makes sure I see every single thing that catches his eyes by hitting me on my arms tenderly just for his face to turn scarlett red whenever I pretend to be hurt after a hit.

I glance at him just to be met with the most tremendous smile and I can't help but laugh at his cheerfulness. We stopped by for some frozen drinks a while ago and I think the sugar got to him. He drank both his and what was left of mine, got a brain freeze in the process and since then he's been rambling and shaking his head to the music. I'm not complaining at all though, looking at his playfulness is somehow lightening my mood.

I took him for a drive with the need of having someone to pour my heart out to, someone who will understand my situation and agree with me but we've only goofed around so far and I like it this way to be honest. I personally don't find it suitable enough to discuss personal situations with Jake, considering the fact that we don't know each other well enough. I don't easily open up, there has to be trust there somewhere for me to come out of my shell.

"Arthur, look, that's a very green house. It's so cute and small" Jake coos staring at the building as we drive further away from it.

"Yeah, yeah it's nice" I say with my gaze on the road and I feel him hit me again.

"But you didn't look, Arthur" he tells me with those big eyes making me shake my head. I glance at the building interestingly as if this is my first time seeing it and he hums in satisfaction.

There he goes again dragging my name in that foreign accent that he has, the accent only I hear. He pronounces it in a very fascinating, you could say, way and he's not even aware of it. He makes my name sound more pleasurable than it should and I'm starting to like the name I wasn't really fond of.

"You speak any other languages besides English?" I ask out of curiosity and he nods rapidly.

"Word?"

"Yup, I can speak korean, Thai and French" he tells me counting them on his fingers. "Four languages in total" he says holding his four fingers up proudly and my eyebrows go up in surprise. I knew there was an accent there somewhere.

" Say something in all three of them for me then."

"All three? Uhmm...okay....let's see" he mutters tapping his index finger under his chin and my eyes go back on the road.

" Tu es mon meilleur ami, that's French.....uhmmm neoneun nae gajang chinhan chingu ya, t-that's Korean and uhmmm khuṇ khụ̄x pheụ̄̀xn thī̀ dī thī̀s̄ud k̄hxng c̄hạn, t-t-that's uhm Thai" he finishes shyly with his head down fiddling with his fingers. I bow my head a little to easily make eye-contact with him since the light is on red and we have to wait for a little bit.

"Hey, what you all shy and sad for all of a sudden" I ask lifting his head up and he closes his eyes.

"You ain't gotta be shy around me aight? I don't bite" I assure him making him open up looking at me with a sad face.

"You still gotta tell me what you just said though, I feel stupid right now. Especially when you said that khun khun shit" I go on to lighten the mood and he giggles taking a deep breath after.

"You're my best friend" he murmurs in an almost inaudible tone but I heard it anyway.

"I didn't catch what you just said" I tell him so he can repeat his words once more.

"I said you're my b-best friend, please don't be m-mad o-or hit me. I'm s-sorry" he says in his pleading tone that makes me somewhat chuckle.

"First of all, why would I do that, huh?" I ask as Jake bites his plump lips thinking of a way to reply.