Chapter 19

Arthur's p.o.v

I'm sitting in the now empty locker room with my shoulder slouched trying to cool off after the hardcore practice coach just put me through. I lean back on the locker feeling the exhaustion in my bones and I know that my body will shut down the moment my head falls on a pillow. I wet my face with the cold bottle of water to suppress a headache that's been threatening to come out since I was still on the field and wipe my face to prevent the water from falling on my shirt.

Too much shit's been going through my head at the same time back on the field. I was thinking about throwing the ball, catching it, focusing on my surroundings, thinking about the tentalizing sound that constantly repeated itself in my head like a broken record and basically just Jake watching me in the bleachers.

All this pressure is unsettling and it keeps bringing facts to light. I'm now realizing that my actions towards Jake were provocative as fuck and that wasn't my intention. He must be thinking that I'm interested in him when I'm only trying to help him out.
That one sound not only made me feel like backing up from him but it almost ruined my game and it made me feel uncomfortable as hell.

Who the fuck moans when your hand slightly brush their waist...

I take a deep breath when I hear the door open and closes indicating that someone just came in and I sit up, not that I feel like conversing at the moment but it is what it is. "White.....just the person I wanted to see right now" coach states walking closer and I dab him up.

"Wassup, coach" I greet him and he chuckles with his hands crossed over his chest. Coach has shown his humbleness since I joined the football team and the one thing about him the whole team despises is that he works too hard and he never wants to stop practice on time. Another thing about him is that he knows every single player on the team and he'll always confront them when they do something that doesn't sit well with him, almost every coach does that.

"You all right?" is the first thing he asks after grabbing a chair from the far corner and I nod half mindedly. "You looked kind off distracted back there and I had to ask, you know. You're one of our best players, you've let it known since you joined the team and you can't let small things distract you."

"I'm good, I'm good, it was just a mild headache" I partly lie pushing the real reason I was like that in the first place to the back of my mind.

He nods with his hand under his chin before saying, "I heard about the commotion back at the cafeteria today, you went at it with Justin. You let him get through your head and that shouldn't be happening since you're our quarterback and you have a chance at getting a scholarship. Plus, he's your teammate, you two are supposed to get along" he finishes and the side of my mouth goes up at the mention of Justin.

"That nigga is the last fucking person to get through my head. I punched his ass cause he deserved that shit and best believe I'mma do it again when I see him, coach" I spit balling my fist up and coach stands up.

"Okay, I get it, calm down. I didn't witness the fight so I can't say anything about it. Rousy was concerned about you and she talked to me" coach states making me throw him a questioning look, "Abigail Rousy from the cheersquad, she cares about you enough to politely ask to have a conversation with you."

"I'm a hundred, no need to be all dramatic about it. She just made you waste your time for nothing" I shrug wiping my face.

"Okay, just remember what I just said about the scholarship and not letting small things distract you. If it wasn't Justin then it must be one of the cheerleaders and I understand. We're all men here and it's not a problem at all" he winks patting my shoulder. "Unless it's one of you're teammates then we'll have to do something about it" he chuckles and strolls out leaving me there dumbfounded with my mind racing.