Chapter 13

Comment, vote and DON'T forget to enjoy

Jacob's p.o.v

This is my worst nightmare ever. I literally have the coolest guy in the whole school sitting across from me in the library. We've been sitting in silence for quite a while. I'm most certian now that he's not here to murder me because he wanted to know if I was okay after I almost died of embarrassment in front of him. I'm patiently waiting for the real me to wake up from this terrible long dream.

I currently have my book in front of me taking occasional glances at him when he's not looking. He's just tossing my pencils around looking tedious and I don't know what to do.

Should I speak? If I do what should I say?

I gulp cautiously with the fear that he might hear it and murder me when the librarian is not looking. The feeling of doubt crawls under my skin causing a shiver to erupt on my body while I examine him attentively trying to figure out his intentions. If he is scheming a way to deceive me in his head I have to be watchful otherwise he might trick me as Deshaun did and I won't be able to get out of this one.

I glance at his impossibly enormous hands on the table moving around with my pencils. He has very broad fingers that will easily snap my weak bones in two. I follow the traces of the stunning tattoos on his arms. The drawing is so beautifully done and extremely breathtaking. I quickly turn my attention to the book in front of me when I notice the sudden stop of his hand movements on the table.

"What book are you reading" I hear him say not too long after and I lower my book only showing my eyes with the rest of my face covered.

"M-me?" I ask to be sure if I'm really the one he's speaking to. Instead of answering he looks around as if he's searching for something.

"I take it as we're the only ones here unless you're seeing things" he says shrugging and crosses his big arms over his solid chest making a wave of nervousness run through me.

"A-are you h-here to crush m-me with your b-big arms?" I blabber out with a crack in my voice and a small smile appears on his face but not for long.

"So you think they big huh?" He asks looking at me with the smirk I know all too well. His eyebrows go up at the silence from my side and I couldn't do anything else but ramble.

"Y-yes a-and you're v-very tall, n-not that I w-was l-looking. I t-totally wasn't l-looking at you i-in the hall or s-secretly glancing a-at you just n-now. I was r-reading this a-amazing book. S-so p-please don't h-hit me. I don't w-want to die" I plead putting the book down and both of his hands go up.

"It's aight, you good. I ain't going to hit you. Why do you come all the way to the back, there's some other people in the front reading like you" he says when he sees the look on my face.

"I r-rather sit a-alone h-here" I say looking everywhere but him but I can still see how he keeps nodding his head in my peripheral vision.

"And you fine with all the dust here in the back?"

"Y-yes" I squeak out with a lump in my throat almost inaudible. The students here have no filter whatsoever and they never hesitate to speak the truth. When they dislike something or someone they make it known and that's exactly what a group did to me here in the library. My first day coming here I walked boldly to a group full of my classmates and sat down. This caused some of them to get up and walk away. The ones who didn't clearly told me how much of a wimp I was and that I should immediately find another table. Since all the tables were occupied I walked all the way to the back and sat at the one I'm currently on.