Chapter 44

Arthur's p.o.v

"Wait...drunk?... Jake?"

"Yeah."

"Jake Jake? Park? In a club?" Quinn yells with a surprised look on his face.

"That's what I said."

"I never thought I'd see the day."

He was making his way up the stairs when I was rushing down and decided to come with me. I'm not sure what he was doing around here in the first place. We parted ways at the gym a couple of hours ago.

"Thought you were going to your grandma's. Why are you even here."

"I was. I came over to see if Dea was with y'all."

"She's with Jake."

"Damn, I should've known. I would've wore better clothes. I ain't pulling nobody with these on" he complains.

"Why're you worried about pulling people. You ain't cool with Deandra?"

"We not" he quickly says and sighs, "aight...we kinda close now. We spend some time together when y'all went away. We went out a couple of times and I thought we were getting somewhere, but now she acting indifferent and won't pick up my calls so I'mma do me. I mean....it's not like we serious. Fuck it."

'Must be serious' I think to myself as I listen to him complain. Normally, he would just joke around about this kind of stuff and change the topic. From the look on his face, he seems really stressed out.

"You gotta take it easy, man. Don't push too hard" I shrug. Maybe all she needs is some time.

When I tell him that, he shakes his head looking frustrated. "Is that what you did to get Jake?"

"Yeah....kinda" I reply a bit unsure causing him to laugh.

"Ain't shit kinda. Y'all were together as soon as you met. You think I didn't peep y'all in the cafeteria with your finger down his throat?"

"Man, what?" I ask confused. When did that happen.

I think about it for a second and frown when that moment flashes through my mind. I don't even know what I was thinking. I didn't put much thought in the things we did back then.

"I was just trynna feed him" I say matter of factly.

"Oh yeah? What about that time y'all were feeling up in the bleachers? That's probably why y'all spend so much time in the back of the library. Always on some shit. Everybody knew."

I didn't know...

Damn..

Now that it's brought up, I think I was feeling him from the start. No wonder I kissed the shit out of him as soon as I got the chance.

"You still gotta thank me for interrupting y'all back at the cafeteria or else y'all would've start fucking" he goes on, "that's one of the craziest shit I've seen y'all do. No cap" he shakes his head in disbelief and I give him a look before starting.

"That was nothing though" I let him know and his eyes nearly come out of their sockets. I wonder what he would do if he was the one that saw us in McDonalds that one time.

"What do you mean."

"What you saw was nothing" I repeat, "we did some other shit."

"Like wha-......Man, I don't even wanna know."

"I'mma tell you anyways since you all up in our business" I tell him sarcastically.

"Naah, bruh. I'm good."