Chapter 40(R)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAKEYYY🎊...

Let's make this chapter fun, guys. Comment with only emojis😚😋😍, you can't use words. You don't have to do it if you don't want to😔, but it will be fun though.

🎁🎁~~🎁🎁~~🎁🎁~~🎁🎁~~🎁🎁~~🎁

Jacob's p.o.v

My birthday,

A day that's always been bittersweet. A day I've never looked forward to, but always ended up enjoying because my nanny was always prepared to have some fun with whatever flavor of ingredients we had in the fridge.

When did our tradition of baking a cake start?

It began when I was four. I was still a child, but I will forever remember this tragicomic event.

Three days ahead of my birthday, my mother had surprisingly returned from abroad, one thing she rarely did, and as expected from a four-year-old, I was delighted. I was beyond happy because for the first time in my life my mother would be around to celebrate my birthday so I was also looking forward to a day full of adventures.

In my mind we would go to an amusement park, we all would enjoy ice-cream, bake cookies and hug the rest of the night, but all my fantasies came crashing down on the day itself.

I should've seen it coming from miles away, but I was just too young to realize that, at least that's what miss Alyssa always told me.

When I woke up the morning of my birthday and excitedly ran down the stairs to tell everyone about it, my mother was at the door with a luggage. I knew what that was, I had seen it way too often. She was leaving....again.

My heart broke when she requested miss Alyssa to drive her to the airport instead of going to an amusement park and enjoying ice-cream just as I imagined.

I cried in the backseat and the number of shrieks that came out of my little mouth when I saw her once again being escorted away to the plane was disturbing. She left me again. Not that I wasn't used to it, but on such a special day, I was torn. No gift, no hug, no happy birthday, the only thing she left was just a little boy with a broken heart.

Miss Alyssa struggled to get me home and tried her best to calm me down. She tried to do so in various ways until she came up with one; baking whatever cake I wanted. At first, I wasn't interested, but when she mixed everything together and handed me the spoon to stir the batter, the smile finally came and it didn't take long before the kitchen became a mess.

Luckily for us, at the end we had a beautiful square cake in our hands ready to be decorated and we did just that by adding every single color I chose.

Now that I'm thinking about it, my fifth birthday was pretty gratifying. All my previous birthdays were too. They were all great, but this one? My 18th birthday?

Great? no....

This birthday wasn't great and I didn't like it one bit...

It was remarkably spectacular and I loved it...

It was everything I've never expected, but yet everything I've ever wished for. Nothing can ever top this one, not in any lifetime.

Arthur White, the boy I met in one of the most depressing times of my life in the library, the boy who lit a torch in one of the darkest parts of my soul, the boy who with a single touch broke into the walls that diligently guarded my heart really kept his words and gave me everything I never knew I needed.