Fourteen: Madison Square Garden

Freddie

Not only was backstage hustling with people, but to add to it was a large dog that was curious about everybody. Legend stayed close to Mia most of the time. He was usually sitting next to me with his tongue hanging out of his mouth, or with Roger, who was trying to hard to get the dog to play with him.

"Roger, leave the poor dog alone." Brian said.

"But he's so cute!" Roger stated, rubbing his head.

"That's the most attention he'll get anyways." I quipped with a smirk.

Roger frowned at me. "Not funny, Fred."

"He's got a point." John added.

All of us started to cackle as Roger just slumped, continuing to pet the large beast.

"Oh, we're just teasing you. No need to slump over it." I said with an eye roll.

I still couldn't believe that Mia brought that damn dog. Speaking of her, Mia was walking around in her shiny outfit for the night, trying to find a lip color that would pop off the whole thing.

"What do you think?" Mia asked, holding up two different colors.

"I thought you were going to go for the gloss from earlier." Brian stated.

"I thought it was too sheer for my outfit." Mia stated, doing a small twirl.

"Just pick a goddamn color, it will look nice either way." I spat.

Mia gave me a confused look before walking away slowly. The three others looked at me as well, but I didn't care at the moment.

My mind was swirling with David coming tonight. I don't want David to be here tonight. Mia will see him, for sure. I care for him, but I don't love him. I love Mia, I want to be with Mia. She's a star, an angel, a wonderful person. I did love David at one point, but I don't anymore.

Well, at least I don't have to hold off on breaking it off with him. I can do it tonight and get it over with. I sound like such an asshole, I know, but it's true. I want to focus on people I love than wasting my time.

Goddamn Freddie. Why do you have to do this to yourself?

Also, judging by Mia's attitude towards me now, she probably hates me. Maybe she's just confused. I glanced towards her, which she quickly looked away. I felt my heart twist.

I'm so hot and cold with her. I wouldn't be surprised if she decided to slap me out of my misery at some point.

Legend came trotting over towards me, a grin plastered all over his wet face. I patted his head, which he fell into the touch. I rolled my eyes before placing my hand onto my knee, starting a small staring contest with the beast.

"Look, I already petted you! What more do you want?" I asked, my tone completely different than what I wanted it to be.

"Legend! C'mere!" Mia called.

Her eyes were hard on mine as the dog walked away, a chirp still to his step. "Some people don't want you right now." She mumbled, loud enough for me to hear.

I rolled my eyes before a hand fell onto my shoulder. "Freddie, David is here to see you." Paul's voice rang.

I nodded my head before getting up from my chair. Mia watched me exit the room and enter the hallway.

Here we go.

Mia

"Where's Freddie going?" I asked, hoping one of the three men would answer me.