Eighteen: Sully's Cold Heart

July 28, 1973
Three Weeks after the Fourth of July incident

The sun was shining so bright after I stepped out the front doors. Three weeks of this horrendous place again and I'll probably go insane. Doesn't help, though, that I still have a career and the paps are soon to be coming out. It's too early for this shit, I wish I just died.

Three horrendous weeks of getting me back into shape. No drugs, Mia, they'll destroy your system. No, Mia, you can't have alcohol, it hurts your liver. Mia, cocaine isn't the best option. Don't you think I fucking know?

I could honestly kill the people inside the goddamn building. They're too peppy for their job. Especially when they have to take care of depressed, don't give a shit people like me. They've seen my face so many times at this point, they don't even care.

"Oh, she's back" I think is what I overheard one of the nurses. I just scoffed and rolled my eyes. I didn't care, I was coming straight from the fucking hospital! Which is idiotic, give Mia more drugs so we can drain the drugs out of her system. Fucking brilliant.

Jackson was standing by my car door, a large smile plastered on his face when he saw me. "Well look who it is!"

I smiled softly. "Hello Jackson. How've you been?"

"Oh, Mia, I've been great!"

"And the family?"

"The wife's due in a few weeks for child number three! A beautiful girl, can't you believe it?" Jackson asked with his soft voice.

She better not grow up to like me. I don't want any girl following me in my footsteps. I'm a horrible reputation to girls, no, scratch that, all of society.

"She will be a daddy's girl." I agreed.

"Mia Elliot!" A large voice boomed.

I jumped back, turning around to see a large, blonde haired man walk towards me. He wore a button down, with a tie, black slacks, and polished black loafers. He looks absolutely stunning, largely built. Who is he?

"Do I know you?"

"No, but you will now." He brought out his hand, a shining smile on his face. "The name's Sullivan, but most people call me Sully."

I furrowed my eyebrows confusingly as I slowly grabbed his hand. "Nice to meet you." I said slowly.

"Oh, it's wonderful to see you! I'm so glad we could meet. I've been waiting three weeks for this day!"

Now you have to be fucking with me. You've been waiting to meet me for three weeks? Dude, I'm sorry, but you need a new life if you've been waiting three fucking weeks.

Also, who the hell are you?!

"Oh, do you want me to sign an autograph?" I asked, hoping he would leave me alone soon.

Sully laughed, bringing his hand to his side. "Oh no, I don't need that!"

"Then who the hell are you?" I snapped.

Sully brought his hands out, as if he was going to engulf me in a large hug. "Why, I'm your new manager, of course!"

Oh, right, I fired the other guy. Or, he quit, I can't remember. I was off in another world that day. But, did Brown really need to hire this guy? He's too fucking enthusiastic for me to handle.