Twenty: Solving Mysteries

***I just want to point out, I'm sorry if Freddie in this story is shit, or unbelievable, or if ANYTHING is unbelievable. Seeing the same four walls has caused my creativity and focus to go down the drain. BUT, it doesn't mean I try my best to release a good update. I hope you aren't getting tired of this story or hate where's it's going.

Also, I have a playlist of songs that I used throughout the novel on Spotify. If you're interested, and have Spotify, let me know! If not, I'm now just going to put a YouTube video at the end of the chapters from now on :))***

Three weeks later; The Sam, Houston, TX
February 26th, 1977

John

"Thank you, god bless you all! Goodnight!"

After a couple of bows as the crowd clapped and screamed, we waved a final goodbye before exiting off the stage and into the back. My bass was removed from my neck and taken away by one of the roadies. A towel was handed to each one of us as we made it into the shared dressing room, where we all let out a shout of relief.

"Three days of vacation!" Roger shouted, plopping himself down onto the sofa. "Won't that be a fucking pleasure."

"Hopefully it doesn't go by quick, I want to be able to relax and unwind." Brian stated, removing his costume and putting on a comfortable shirt.

"That means, though, we only have eleven more shows until we're done." I said, pouring glasses on champagne.

"That's fucking nuts!" Roger exclaimed, taking the glass from me. "Hey! That was mine." I grumbled.

"Where does time go?" Brian sighed, sitting down in a chair.

"Spent away with all of our tours, that's where it goes." Roger laughed. "God, it seems like only yesterday we released A Day at the Races."

"Now we have to go back and work on our new album." I stated, handing Brian a glass.

"That's right," Brian agreed. "Have any of you worked on anything?"

"I have some ideas, but I'm sure they'll all get shot down by Freddie." Roger mumbled, a cigarette between his lips.

"What about me?" Freddie asked as he waltzed into the room, a towel around his neck. He had already cleaned up and changed in his casual attire.

"If you were here, then you would know." Roger quipped with a smirk as Freddie took a seat beside him.

Freddie rolled his eyes. "Please, I'm sure it was all good things."

"Oh, all good things." I nodded with a smile.

"There is nothing you could put against me, darling." Freddie crooned, pouring himself a glass.

"Oh yeah? What about that song you've been writing on the side?" Roger asked.

"Which one? I have many I've been working on."

"The special one you showed me. Something about 'I give you meat, you blow my head-'"

"Oh, fuck off Rog," Freddie waved with a smirk. "That's just a song. There's nothing scandalous about that!"

"Or how about-"

"Oh, will you stop bickering for a moment." Brian stated, turning up the radio.

Freddie and Roger started mocking and hitting each other playfully as I just chuckled when the announcer came up on the radio. "That was the 10cc with their single The Things We Do for Love. Now, onto a new single released by a rock artist we haven't heard since 1973. Four years in the making, she has released a new song for her upcoming album set to release..."