Twenty-Three: Plan of Escape Pt. 2

I have been staring at the same white ceiling for the past three hours, listening to my radio play the most boring songs out in the universe. The circles on my ceiling were never ending, like the spiral I've gotten myself into. Each circle having its own lantern stove ending than the other one. How if I could've changed one thing, I could've had a different circle. There was only one I chose, though, and I wish I could go back...

The rain started to really come down now. Each raindrop hitting the balcony door as if it were a rubber pellet. There was some slight thunder in the distance, echoing in the sky with a flash of bright white light shining after each one. Almost like paparazzi with their goddamn cameras...

I knew I had to make a change with everything. I couldn't stay like this anymore. I couldn't stay here anymore. What was it that Freddie said to me before he left? You have to speak up for yourself or something like that? Yeah, well, obviously that hasn't worked. Sully seemed to shut me off like a fucking light switch.

Obviously I'm learning the truth about Sully more and more everyday and yet I don't want to accept it. That's why I have to leave.

After thinking everything over, I think I finally have an idea sorted. Tomorrow Sully is expecting to pick me up so I can work on my album. So, before that, I have time to rummage up anything I can and book it to a flight to Los Angeles without him knowing! No note, I'm not going to leave anything behind, just me, my luggage, and I'm off.

Sadly I cannot bring Legend with me, or I would. Unless...

I need a ride. I don't know how to drive, and walking to the airport is way too long. I wonder if I could call Jackson. I know he has issues at home right now, but I think he wouldn't mind a small favor. Picking up the phone, I dialed his number and chewed on my nail as the phone started to ring. A few rings later when someone picked up the phone.

"Hello, Jackson resident." Answered a woman's voice.

"Hello! This is Mia Elliot-"

"Oh my, Mia Elliot, the woman Jackson drives?" The sweet woman asked.

I chuckled. "Yes, that's me."

"Oh, it's so wonderful to be talking to you! Jackson talks about you all the time." She gushed. "How are you, dear?"

"I'm wonderful," I replied. "I'm guessing you're Jackson's wife?"

"I sure am! Been married since 1958, we were both eighteen. Now we've got two boys and a beautiful daughter." She said dreamily.

"That's wonderful. I'm so glad to hear that. I hope all is well with you as well. You're family is in my prayers."

"Oh, thank you Ms. Elliot. That means a whole lot." She said softly. "So, why do you call?"

"I'm calling for Jackson. I need a ride tomorrow to the airport."

"Airport! Where are you going?"

I hesitated. "To Los Angeles, ma'am."

"Oh! I heard Queen is there! What a lovely band."

"They sure are." I said tight lipped. "Is Jackson there?"

"Why, he sure is. Let me get him for you. Hold on a second."

The line went silent for a moment before I heard some shuffling from the other end. "Hello?"

"Jackson!"

"Ms. Elliot. How do you do?" He asked. I could hear the smile on his lips.

"Not so well Jackson. I need a ride to the airport tomorrow morning."