Thirty: Life's Too Short Not to Spend Money

Freddie

"Make sure he doesn't get into my suitcase-"

"Okay-"

"-and don't give him too many treats-"

"-I won't-"

"-and make sure he doesn't-"

"Mia, I got it!" Brian laughed, patting the head of the gentle beast.

Mia nodded her head, her eyes filled with fright from parting away from her sidekick. "I know you do, I just want to make sure you get everything."

"How could you? All he does is lay in his little bed you made," I laughed, unfolding my arms that were crossed over my chest and putting them to my side.

"Legend can be quite hyper," Mia defended before bending down, cupping her hands around the dog's face. "I will be back, behave for Brian."

I took a step towards Brian, grabbing his elbow and moving him away from Mia. "Remember not to take him out for a walk, no matter how much you want to."

"I promise I won't, and I promise I won't answer the door if it's not John or Roger," Brian said before turning his head, looking at Mia for a moment, before turning back towards me. "Is she going to be okay? How much of this plan did you think over before proposing it?"

"I thought about it," I lied, my voice quiet. "It won't be too hard, we just go with the set we had before Mia left."

"We can't have her come out for Good Ol' Fashioned, it would ruin the effect," Brian stated. "We'll just cut out Roger's solo and have her come out then."

"That sounds good," I agreed, taking a glance at Mia myself. "I'm hoping this will work."

"Seeing how she escaped and hasn't been caught yet, I'm sure she won't be in too much danger," Brian commented with a hopeful smile.

Too much danger, you should have seen the look of terror in her eyes when she told me why she was here. "I'm sure she won't," I stated reassuringly, even though I didn't believe it myself.

"Are you boys done giving kisses to one another?" Mia exclaimed causing Brian and I to turn around. Her hands were placed firmly on her hips with a smirk casted on her lips.

"We were waiting for you to finish your kisses," I quipped with a smirk. I held out my hand to her, which she accepted without hesitation before looking at Brian. "Thank you again."

"Don't mention it," Brian waved with a smile. "I will see you two tonight."

"Until tonight," Mia replied as I nodded my head, opening the door and allowing her to exit first.

As soon as the door shut behind me, Mia grabbed my hand immediately and squeezed it, looking down the vacant hall with terror. "I don't know Freddie."

"There's nothing to be worried about, trust me," I reassured, squeezing her hand comfortingly. "I know how to get out of here without having to walk through the front doors."

"How do you know?" Mia asked as we started heading towards the lifts. "Wait, don't answer that, it's a stupid question."

A chuckle escaped my lips as I pressed the down button. "You need to calm down, it's just the two of us."

"I've heard that one too many times before..." Mia mumbled to herself as she watched the numbers on the top of the lift change.

She shuffle the entire time, her gaze focused on the doors as if she was afraid the doors were gonna open and Sully was gonna walk in at any moment. I felt so bad for her, so I looked down and grabbed her hand, squeezing it for the reassurance I knew she needed.