Twenty-One: A Druggie Doesn't Matter

We're continuing with John's POV for a while, hopefully you don't mind :)

Los Angeles, the next day
John

"Ah, Los Angeles!" Roger sighed, stepping off the bus as he removed his glasses. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Sure is, Rog." Brian agreed, taking a look around.

I stepped off the bus with a sigh of relief. Three days where we could do absolutely anything we wanted. Well, actually, the mornings are booked with recording sessions, which will probably take up the whole three days.

"This will be a nice vacation." Roger stated.

"Since when do we ever take vacations?" Freddie asked as he stepped off the bus.

"Technically, tour could be considered vacation." Brian said.

"But it never is." I added.

"Oh, just be glad we have a few days off, will you?" Freddie exclaimed. "Besides, do you really think we're going to go to the studio? This is L.A., no need for boring work."

I rolled my eyes as Brian started to unload the bags from the bus. As he handed me my bag, Roger came up and clapped his hand against my shoulder.

"So, John, are we calling her tonight?" Roger asked.

My eyes went wide. "Don't say it so loud will you?" I hissed.

"Who are you calling?" Freddie asked calmly as he scanned Roger and I.

We're caught. "Well, Uh-"

"Veronica of course!" Roger said quickly.

I nodded my head along. "Yes, Veronica, of course."

Freddie looked at us suspiciously. "Both of you are calling Veronica?"

"I want to know how she's doing! Just as much as I would like to know how Chrissie's doing." Roger turned to Brian. "By the way, how is Chrissie doing?"

"Oh, she's doing great! Thanks for asking." Brian said as he handed Roger his bag.

"See!" Roger exclaimed. "Of course, you don't know because you don't care."

"I never said I don't care about their wives." Freddie remarked.

"You never ask." Brian added.

Freddie shifted his stance before locking his gaze at me. "John, how's Veronica doing?"

"S-she's, uh- she's good. Been busy with the children." I said.

"That's nice." Freddie nodded. "Tell her I said hi tonight when you two call."

"We will!" Roger said proudly as Freddie walked off.

As soon as Freddie wasn't in view, I shoved Roger. "You bastard! You almost got us into our graves!"

"I'm sorry!" Roger exclaimed. "It's not my fucking fault Freddie was eavesdropping!"

"What's going on?" Brian asked.

Roger looked over at me, as if he was looking for permission to tell Brian. I knew he wouldn't care about the situation anyways, so I nodded my head at Roger.

"John and I called Mia last night before we left!" Roger said as if he was a bubble that just popped.

"Oh, Mia! How's she doing?"

"She's doing good from what we've gathered." I said.

"It was absolutely wonderful to hear her voice again." Roger awed. "She's so lovely."