Three

"I know the two of you have been fooling around."

Kairi felt like his heart fell to his stomach as he stared at Alejandro who seemingly avoided looking at him.
"I-"

"You're joking right?" Mattia chuckled humorously staring at his brother who just raised a challenging eyebrow.

"You tell me Mattia." He folded his arms across his chest.

Mattia didn't look at Kairi. Instead he scoffed. "Cmon ale. Be serious. First of all I'm not gay. Second of all Even if I was gay I'd never do anything with someone like hi-"

"Watch yourself." Alejandro warned his brother, he wouldn't sit there and let his dumb ass brother shit talk his best friend because he was jumping to conclusions. Finally he turned to look at Kairi who was staring at his lap, so he couldn't see his expression.

He sighed heavily. "Yeah... I- I guess not. I'm sorry. I just- I don't know, I thought I heard the two of you last night while Kairi was out of the room, something about I love you i don't know...I guess it was a dream." He told them, hoping he didn't get Kairi too upset.

Now that he thought about it, and he saw mattias reaction the thought of them together seemed foolish.

Maybe he was too caught up in the fear that it would happen that he looked past the obvious. Besides the fact that Mattia has never been with a guy, he's always gone after a certain type. Tall, typically Caucasian females. So he and Kairi made no sense.

On top of that, Kairi wouldn't go for Mattia or someone like him. He liked girls and guys more of his size, that were sweet and sensitive like him. Mattia being the cocky bastard that he was didn't fit in at all.

Besides the two being fairly attractive Alejandro had no grounds to support his previous assumtions.

So even though his gut told him he was right he gave it up. He couldn't just dismiss them over something that may or may not have been his imagination.

"Seriously though. I don't know what you was thinking with that bud." Mattia gave his brother a tight smile, patting his shoulder before standing up.

Alejandro flicked him off, laughing lightly.

Before he left though, he couldn't help but look at Kairi.

He felt his stomach clench when he saw him.

He was staring down at his lap. Mattia couldn't be sure, but he was pretty sure his hands were shaking.

He sighed heavily.

Maybe he went too far?

But he needed to be convincing or else his brother would have seen through his lies.

Still, he could have just ended it with not being gay, he just hopes Kairi didn't take it to the heart.
Knowing him, and how sensitive he can be Mattia was sure he would.

He finally walked out the room closing the door softly behind him.

Alejandro was quiet for a moment. Kind of ashamed of how he acted.

He knew he owed Kairi an apology.

"Kai. I'm really so- hey, Are you okay?" His eyebrows furrowed In concern as he scooted closer to his best friend.

Kairi was visibly shaking, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

He breathed slowly, trying to calm himself down. "I- I'm fine." He shook his head, trying and failing to give Alejandro a convincing smile.

He knew that Mattia said what he said to convince Alejandro but he couldn't help that part of him felt that may be how he actually feels. He knew that Mattia didn't have to go as far as to offend him, but he did.

And just to top everything off nicely he felt like dirt for what he's doing to his best friend. He knew it was wrong to sleep with his best friends brother but Kairi still did it and has been doing it for almost a year. And he didn't stop there, he lied to him constantly about where he's been and who he's been with.

So basically he felt extremely pathetic.

"Kai. I feel terrible, please don't cry. I'm sorry alright? I know you wouldn't do that. I was just being stupid and irrational." And the guilt just built up.

He didn't say anything, knowing if he did he'd start crying and possibly come clean about everything.

So he just pulled his best friend into a tight hug. "It's fine. I'm fine."

A/N: sorry if it's bad I literally wrote this in like 20 minutes 😩😩😩