Nineteen

mattia was good at distracting kairi.

either it be a small kiss to get his mind off things or a very very poorly executed joke, that still managed to make kairi laugh.

as good as he was at doing this mattia wasn't with him all day.

he had only one class with mattia, the whole year between them really fucking things up.

he had three classes with alejandro, and his friends however.

this was one of those classes, the subject didn't matter at all, kairi wasn't even partially paying attention to the lecture given to him by his teacher.

his mind entirely occupied with trying to ignore alejandro's glare.
he wasn't sure if it was a malicious glare but nonetheless it made him uncomfortable.

he wanted to tell him to look away, to tell him to stop being a fucking creep.
but he couldn't.
mostly because he had zero balls but also because he was in class and it would be entirely inappropriate to yell that at the moment.

so he had to tough through it, and try (and fail) to ignore his prying eyes until the bell rang.

fortunately lunch was next and he had that with mattia so he wouldn't have to endure this anymore.

he let out a small breath and started gathering his things trying to do it with the quickness (i'm sorry i love saying this) because he was not in the mood to even remotely interact with alejandro.

and he thought he'd slip out the classroom unbothered, that is until he felt someone pull his arm just before he could leave.

kairi sighed soflty, stepping back to let the other people out of the classroom furrowing his eyebrows in confused as he watched alejandro walk out the room, eyes drawn to the ground.

he turned around, shocked to see an extremely emotional looking robert.

"robert wha-"

"kairi im so fucking sorry." he still held his arm in his hand and he tightened his grip just slightly.

kairi didn't really have time to comprehend what was going on or what he was apologizing for before he started talking again.

"i really feel like such a piece of shit for what we did to you. i just- i didnt want to seem fake for being on your side after everything but im telling you i tried to get cynthia and alejandro to stop harassing you. me and the boys cussed them out after they- well cynthia called you a.... uh- fag.  we figured you guys would make up soon so we just left it and by the time we realized you werent it was too late to try and get you back. just know that im- we all are really really sorry." he met kairis eyes with glossy ones.

"rob, are you going to cry?" kairi looked at him carefully and robert frowned with a shrug. "i feel like the worst friend ever."

kairi shrugged halfheartedly. "i mean..." he attempted at a joke but robert in no way was amused.
kairi smiled awkwardly. "i uh- i forgive you. I've done some.... pretty fucked up shit for alejandros friendship so i cant really blame you." he told robert whos expression didn't really change. he still looked extremely guilty and on the verge of tears.

kairi waited a moment before he pulled robert into a hug. "its okay. i promise." the hug was more tense than anything else but they both appreciated it. truthfully it fixed nothing really, but it was a step in the right direction.