Four

It's the next day and unfortunately Kairi had to go back to school.

He'd left Alejandro's house last night, after repeatedly reassuring him that he wasn't mad.

He didn't see Mattia after what happened, the older boy having stayed in his room the remaining time he was there. And he couldn't honestly say he wasn't relieved.

He didn't know if he was mad per say but he did know that he didn't want to see him at any point today.

With that he pushed everything to do with Alejandro and Mattia to the back of his head so that he could get ready in peace.

-

It was now first period. Kairi had this class with Mattia.

He wasn't looking forward to it because he knew Mattia would find out he's avoiding him. And if he knew Mattia at all he knew that he wouldn't stop until he knew why.

Usually during class they'd send each other sneaky glances and sometimes pass notes because of how close they sat, but though he could feel Mattia drilling holes in the side of him face with his eyes he didn't make any attempt to look or talk to him.

He knew after class Mattia would try and stop him and ask him 21 questions so as soon as the bell rang he sprung from his seat, having already packed up his things almost 5 minutes early and left the classroom quickly.

Mattia knew Kairi was ignoring him and he had a pretty good idea why, and he knew he needed to at the very least explain himself.

He'd noticed Kairi packing up early so he did the same, knowing he'd try and get away as soon as humanly possible.

That's why when Kairi ran out the room, ahead of the rest of the class, Mattia was able to do the same, following behind him closely.

"Kairi! Hold up." It was unnecessary for him to say this because he was hot on his trails, and with his long legs came longer strides so he could catch up to him without problem.

He only said it because he wanted Kairi to know he was there.

As soon as he was close enough he grabbed the boys wrist and turned him around so they were facing each other.

Kairi looked out of breath and exhausted, but that didn't stop him from trying to get out of the taller boys hold.

"Hey- hey! Stop struggling. You're doing nothing but hurting yourself." He tightened his grip the slightest bit just to show Kairi that his wiggling did nothing.

Finally his movements came to a stop and he huffed out a breath. "So let me go." He didn't look up to meet mattias eyes and Mattia frowned.
"No."

"You're ignoring me." Mattia told him, tilting his head in an attempt to catch his gaze.

"Yeah. What of it." It was no use denying, it was obvious and even if he tried to lie Mattia would easily see right through him.

"Why?" And that was probably what confirmed for sure the Kairi was mad.

"What do you mean why?" Kairi glared at Mattia who still had his wrist in his hand.

It was still transitioning time so the halls started to fill up. Mattia bit his lip, glancing around quickly before pulling Kairi into the bathroom that was close by.

Once they were alone in the bathroom Mattia turned towards Kairi. "I mean... why are you mad at me?" And of course he knew exactly what got him mad but he needed to hear it from him.

"Oh let me remind you Mr. Even if I was gay I'd never do anything with someone like him." He tried not to let the words effect him a second time but it was hard.

Mattia pursed his lips, noticing that Kairi remembered it word for word and he wondered how many times he'd thought about the words and for how long.

He felt his stomach churn as he thought about the type of pain he caused and he wished he could go back in time and do things differently.

He didn't know what he was thinking when he said that.

"Kai, you know I didn't mean that." He stepped closer to him just faintly hearing the bell ring signaling next block had started.

Kairi just shook his head, stepping back to widen the space between the two. "I don't know anything."

"Don't be like that. I only said it to convince aleja-"

"What did you mean by people like me?" Kairis soft voice cut him off and again he looked down, not meeting mattias eyes.

And the taller boy struggled to find a response knowing Kairi would overthink anything he said. "I didn't mean anything-"

"Don't lie to me. I'm standing here listening to you because I love you and I don't want to lose you, so don't lie to me." Kairis voice was suddenly harsh and he looked up at Mattia, not because he particularly wanted to, but because he knew that Mattia wouldn't lie if he did, and on the off chance that he would lie Kairi would be able to see it.

"I promise you. I didn't mean anything in particular by people like him. I just thought it would sound better." He met kairis eyes with confidence knowing that he was telling the truth.
Kairi sighed heavily, mostly in relief.
"I'm really sorry kai, I wasn't thinking about how what I said would have effected you. I love you, I really do, and I don't just throw that word around and you know that. I never meant to hurt you, you mean too much to me." Mattia finished off stepping just a bit closer to Kairi.

Kairi smiled gently, and he believed him. How could he not?

He stepped closer as well, allowing him self to be wrapped up in a warm hug. "I love you too." He breathed into mattias chest, just happy that he was wrong, and him and Mattia weren't fighting any longer.