Eighteen

kairi woke before mattia and he sat there watching him sleep for a while.
not to be a creep or anything.

it was just that despite all the current drama with cynthia and everything kairi was happy. he knew him and mattia would get through it and he just really missed being around him.

mattia was laying on his side, the two boys alot closer now than when they fell asleep.

he looked so peaceful, he didn't look sad like he did yesterday or mad. he just looked content.

kairi reached over to run his fingers through mattias soft hair, careful not to wake him up.

he was glad he stayed.

if he had left he would be sulking in his room coming up with more reason to be mad or feeling like a dick for flipping out. he wouldn't be here laying besides mattia and being able to admire what he once called his boyfriend.

he wasn't as mad as he was yesterday, maybe it was just the stress of everything that happened with alejandro that made him blow things out of proportion, but after a nights sleep he realized that he shouldn't have went that hard on mattia. 

that being said he didn't completely think he was wrong, it was a shitty think that mattia did but he deserved it.

truthfully he deserved that and maybe more.

he didn't really deserve mattia after everything he put him through yet mattia still continues to fight for their relationship even after kairi had given up on it.

he watched mattia more before shaking him awake. "mattia.." he whispered, not wanting to startle him just as he woke up.

mattia groaned swatting at kairis hands so that he would let him go.

kairi huffed, trying again to wake him up.

mattia opened his eyes, squinting them at the boy next to him. "what?"

kairi took a deep breath, suddenly becoming nervous. "i'm sorry."

mattia looked at him confused, sitting uo slightly. "uh... its fine? i had to wake up either way." but kairi just shook his head.

"not that- i'm sorry for freaking out yesterday and you're right. i broke up with you... i have no say in who you fuck with."

mattia looked at him intently wondering how his whole argument changed over night. "don't apologize for expressing your feelings. i was wrong too i knew how you felt about cynthia, and... to be honest i did do it to hurt you."

kairi just nodded silently. he didn't know what to say. he said yesterday it would have been better if it was meant to hurt him but it didn't feel better at all hearing it be said. "i get it."

mattia felt like there was more to say but he just remained quiet, not wanting to start anything.

things were good. both were willing to admit to their wrongs and apologize for the sake of their relationship and that was all they needed at the moment.

mattia laid back down, turning his head to see kairi. they didn't say anything to each other for a while.

they sat in silence for the better sum of the morning, at times glancing at each other. at some point kairi fell back to sleep but mattia stayed up.

he didn't want to continue thinking about how messed up their relationship turned out to be but he couldn't help it. nothing seemed to go their way anymore and honestly it felt like their best choice would be to end it here and now.

mattia had thought about it, of course. it would be so much easier to just be done with everything with kairi and have his brother back.

but then he got to thinking about how genuinely happy kairi made him, and vise versa.
he thought about the little things kairi would do that made his heart flutter, and quickly came to the realization that he would never let kairi go. not again.