Ten

*Warning*
there will be homophobic slurs (just one i think) in this chapter, nothing too severe tho.
enjoy
Axxx
-

"It'll be fine baby. Ignore them." Mattia wrapped his arm around kairis shoulder pulling him closer so he could feel comforted of some sort.

Kairi nodded leaning his head on Mattia, sighing softly. "Is it just me or is everyone staring?"

Mattia looked around and indeed, everyone was staring.

He had a feeling it wasnt just because this was the first time they'd walked in the hallway together.

But he wouldn't tell Kairi that.

"No ones staring, stop worrying so much."

Kairi nodded, trying to ignore the looks. Maybe he was just being dramatic.

"Want me to walk you to class?" Kairi shook his head no. "I'm good."

Mattia stopped walking, having already arrived at his first period class. He briefly glanced around the hall, watching as the people who were staring quickly looked away. "You sure?" He let his arm fall off kairis shoulder.

Kairi was quick to nod. "100 percent." He gave him a smile before shoving him towards his class. "Don't be late."

-
Kairis class was on the other side of the school, and on the third floor. It probably wouldn't take him that long but he knew he wouldn't make it before the bell rung.

With a groan of frustration Kairi made his way to class. He'd be late either way so he decided not to rush.

On his way up the stairs someone stopped him.
He looked at the boy, it was easy to tell he was a freshman.

"Kairi right?" His blue eyes were wide and he looked to be expecting kairis face.

"Yeah, and you are.."

"Kayden. I just wanted to let you know I heard some people talking shit about you."

Kairi raised his eyebrows. "Okay.." people were always talking shit about him and his friends, every since they started blowing up on tiktok.

It was nothing new.

"This girl, Cynthia I think. Was telling me and my friends that you're gay, and fooling around with a senior, I don't mean to start anything I just wanted to tell you so you know before it starts getting around."

Kairis reaction was delayed. It was almost like he couldn't process it.

His sexuality was never a real problem for him. He always knew he liked both boys and girls and he was in no way ashamed of it.

He wasn't necessarily out. His parents knew and didnt care much and his close friends knew, but the whole school?

there was a reason why he wasn't technically open. it was because his school was extremely judgmental. and when it came to the lgbt+ community people were better off just staying in the closet.

so hearing that his sexuality was being discussed around the school- or would be soon -really worried him.

especially if Alejandro- his best friend -was confirming the rumors. he just had to hope Alejandro would think about the fact that they are, or were friends and what the backlash could do, and chose to defend him.

"kairi?" the boy, kayden, waved a hand in front of kairis face, eyes furrowed in confusion.

"don't worry, i'm pretty sure no one will believe her. shes new." and that didn't comfort kairi at all.
he knew his school and the people in it. they eat up gossip. if he was lucky these accusations wouldnt end up on tiktok room. even though that was highly unlikely.