Five

The two boys pulled apart when they heard the door to the bathroom being opened.

Kairi panicked, just barely slipping into the stall as the person walked in.

"Oh. Hi ale." Mattia raised his voice slightly so that Kairi would know not to come out of the stall.

Kairi sighed quietly taking out his phone to entertain himself while Alejandro started up a conversation with Mattia.

-

"Why are you so happy?" Alejandro gave his friend a sideways glance, eyes narrowed in suspicion. The two were currently in the lunch line.

"I just am. No particular reason." And the grin didn't leave his face for a second.

He lied, the reason he was so happy was Mattia. Fighting with him sucked, even if it was for less than a day. So when they are back on good terms it always made Kairi extremely happy.

But of course, he couldn't tell Alejandro that.

"What a freak." Alejandro rolled his eyes. "Anyway, do you want to go with me and the boys to eat after school?" He stopped as the lunch lady put what was meant to be Mac and cheese on his plate. He smiled at her nonetheless, not wanting to seem rude.

"I don't know... define boys."

"Alvaro, roshaun, Robert, and probably Mattia." Kairi was friends with them, but none as close as he and ale.

He tried not to seem as happy as he was at the mention of Mattia, for obvious reasons as he gave a response. "Yeah, I'll go."

-

2:30 came around quick enough and the group of boys made their way to the parking lot.

Almost all of them walked besides Alejandro and Robert. They'd all probably be able fit in one car if they squeezed, but for legal and comfortability purposes they took two cars.
Roshaun and Alvaro in one, and Kairi, Alejandro, Mattia, and Robert in the other.

Robert immediately called shotgun leaving Mattia and Kairi in the backseat.

The ride was silent for a while, Kairi very aware of mattias eyes on him. Because he couldn't risk Alejandro seeing anything he took out his phone.

(A:N:The names will be their nicknames in each other's phone. Like when it shows Kairi texting it'll be his nickname in mattias phone, and vis versa )

Bbymidget🥰(Kairi): stop staring at me.

My love😻💋(Mattia): why? I like your face. 😏

Bbymidget🥰: it's creepy, and ale might notice

My love😻💋: And if he does? He'll find out eventually kai, we can't keep this a secret forever.

Bbymidget🥰: we could, if you didn't make it so obvious you're in love with me 🙄

My love😻💋: I'll try and suppress it.

My love😻💋: no but seriously, I don't know ab you but I plan on being together for a long time. We can't hide from Alejandro all our lives

Bbymidget🥰: awhhh you think we'll be together for the rest of our lives 🥺🥺🥺

My love😻💋: Kairi. I'm trying to have a conversation with you and you aren't taking it seriously.

Bbymidget🥰: I'm sorry. I'm just scared okay? He's my bestfriend. I don't want to lose him.

My love😻💋: yeah, you don't think I'm scared? He's my brother for fucks sake. But lying to him is just as bad.

Bbymidget🥰: I get that. But just, give me time okay? Maybe I'll start easing the idea of us two onto him?

My love😻💋: whatever Kairi.

Kairi frowned and looked up to his left at Mattia who stared straight ahead, jaw clenched.

Bbymidget🥰: dont be mad at me🥺

He watched Mattia get the notification and ignore it and his frown deepened.

He glanced towards the front of the car at Alejandro and Robert and saw they were having a seemingly deep conversation about the quality of watermelon.

He scooted closer to Mattia, well as close as they could get considering the seatbelts trapping them in place.

Mattia payed no mind to Kairi.

Kairi shook his head with a sigh, thinking about how dramatic Mattia could be at times.

He took one last peek to make sure Alejandro was preoccupied and wouldn't be looking towards the back of the car.

He put his hand on mattias thigh and noticed the way he tensed up. "Babe, I love you. I do, but I need just a little bit more time. I'm sorry." He whispered staring at the way mattias jaw clenched.
"It's been a year kai." Mattia finally turned to look at him, he looked exhausted and Kairi felt bad. But he needed this time to appreciate having Alejandro as a friend before he loses him, because he knows that's what will end up happening.

"Just a little while... Please." He let a small smile fall on his lips when Mattia nodded. He could tell Mattia was reluctant but he was glad he agreed.

"What are you guys talking about?" Robert turned to look at the two boys.

"How stupid the two of you guys are." Kairi told him, subtly moving away from Mattia.

Alejandro laughed. "fuck you two. Anyway we are here." He stopped in front of a breakfast place, which was open in the afternoon for whatever reason.

-
They got a both, Kairi and Mattia ended up across from eachother, which wasn't bad.

They ordered quickly, Kairi only getting sausages and orange juice because he wasn't that hungry, seeing as he'd had lunch in school.

They were eating when Alejandro spoke up. "Kairi, is that a hickey on your neck?" His expression was amused as he messed around with his food using his fork.

Kairi blushed reaching to feel it, remembering when Mattia gave it to him a few days prior. "I- Uh. Yeah." He hoped Alejandro would leave it. He did. Roshaun on the other hand had different ideas.

"From who?" He gave Kairi a challenging look to which He just laughed. "Some guy, he's a little possessive." He rolled his eyes, sneaking a glance at Mattia who had a smirk on his lips.

"Kairi was getting some?" Alvaro butted in, as if he couldn't believe it.

Kairi scoffed. "Don't act so surprised virgin boy."

"Virginity rocks bitch." Alvaro shrugged his shoulders smiling when Alejandro agreed.

A/N: I literally didn't know how to end this chapter😭 but anyway, I'm going to let the drama die down for a few chapters until the angst hits 😈 all I have to say is get ready💀