Eight

Follow me on Instagram 🥺💗

It sucked.

It sucked losing a close friend, a friend you imagined you'd grow old with, all over selfishness.

Even though Kairi loved Mattia now, it was selfishness that got him to this point. He wasn't even sure why the two even started but it was obvious neither were thinking about Alejandro and his feelings.

Sometimes Kairi wished he'd never started seeing Mattia.

As much as he didn't want to he couldn't help but slightly distance himself from Mattia.

It wasn't really intentional but maybe it was because he was upset, not at Mattia specifically, but the whole situation.

And he wasn't going to drop him all together, he'd never do that. He needed Mattia, and beyond that he wanted him, no matter how hard he wished he didn't.

But slowly he had started to become distant and Mattia noticed it. He tried to ignore it though, not wanting to make a big deal of something small and end up losing him all together.
So he tried his best to ignore all the excuses Kairi made up instead of spending time with him, or how Kairi has hardly tried to kiss him without Mattia initiating it.

But he couldn't. It made his heart hurt that Kairi was second guessing their relationship, and it hurt even more that he resorted to ignoring him rather than having an actual conversation.

He knew Kairi was hurting but at this point Mattia was all he had, and he would do anything in his power to make him feel better.

But Kairi has a weird habit of pushing away the people that cares for him when he's hurting.

It was the first day back to school since everything happened and the suspension from the fight and first period Mattia and Kairi has class together.
On one hand Kairi was excited to see him, he was always happy to see Mattia, but then again he knew things have been different and he doesn't want to deal with the tension. Which there would probably be a lot of, especially because Kairi bailed on mattias request to go out, claiming he had homework, both of them knowing he didn't.

He should've came up with a better lie.

Mattia came early to school for no particular reason, so he was already seated and situated when Kairi walked in. Some students were also in their seats but half the class and the teacher were missing.

Kairi took his assigned seat a few seats away from Mattia, he could feel the eyes on him and he figured its because he didn't say hi.

When he got his things together on his desk he stood up and made his way to Mattia with a small smile.

Mattia watched him get closer and waited for him to approach him.

"Hey." Kairi glanced around him before sitting in the empty seat next to Mattia.

Mattia was mad, he was mad at Kairi for being so shady recently but it was so much easier when he wasn't sitting in front of him looking adorable as fuck.

He really couldn't stay mad at him. "Hey." Mattias grin was wide and that made Kairi smile.

He didn't know if Mattia noticed the distance but figuring Mattia wasn't dumb he assumed he did and he wondered if he should bring it up.

"I've missed you." Mattia finally said after a moment of silence. His voice was low and he watched kairis expression carefully.

Kairi let out a small laugh. "It's only been a few days."