chapter one

A blank canvas. Paint. Stroke by stroke.

Chaeyoung pulled her long black hair back into a low ponytail and rolled her long sleeves up. She adjusted her glasses and began painting. She furrowed her eyebrows as she concentrates.

Dahyun snuck up behind her, "Hey!"

Chaeyoung yelped and jumped.

"God damn it, Dahyun, I could've messed up!" Chaeyoung whined.

Dahyun cheekily laughed as she fixed her blonde hair and sat down next to Chaeyoung.

"What are you painting for her now?" Dahyun asked.

"It's her newest instagram post, you know the one with the flowers? Yeah, I just thought she looked so beautiful in it. I had to paint it."

"I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you've been crushing on Minatozaki Sana, who is your fucking bully by the way, for the past two months," Dahyun raised an eyebrow, "Absolutely crazy."

"I know, it's weird but, there's just something about her," Chaeyoung sighed, "Something about her makes me not hate her."

"You're an interesting person, Son Chaeyoung," Dahyun shook her head.

"You're even more interesting for having me as your best friend," Chaeyoung winked.

Dahyun scoffed and stood up, "Whatever, I have to go to Tzuyu's. We have our project that's due tomorrow."

Chaeyoung repeatedly rose her eyebrows up and down with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Oh, stop that. Tzuyu and I are barely friends. We just got assigned together on this project."

"Mhm..."

Dahyun rolled her eyes and gave Chaeyoung a quick goodbye. Chaeyoung smiled to herself and continued to paint.

You heard that right. Chaeyoung has a crush on Minatozaki Sana aka the baddest bitch of their school. She has a big reputation and is the most popular girl in school. She's the school's lacrosse team captain and has a squad that's more powerful than The Plastics.

Hirai Momo, Im Nayeon, Bae Joohyun, Yoo Jeongyeon, Kang Seulgi.

She even bullies the poor cub. Chaeyoung doesn't mind much because she's attracted to Sana nevertheless.

Chaeyoung gets shy and isn't great at expressing her feelings.
Usually you write your feelings down on a diary or letters but, Chaeyoung paints to expresses her feelings for Sana. Weird, right? Not really. Dahyun thinks it's cute but still unusual.

Dahyun is Chaeyoung's best friend. Their mothers were best friends in high school so it only makes sense for their daughters to be good friends as well.

Chaeyoung spent the past couple hours perfectly painting Sana's latest selfie with the flowers. She made sure each detail was replicated perfectly. She then took out her special pen that she uses for calligraphy and wrote a quote in small letters in the bottom right corner of the canvas.

"Life is the flower for which love is the honey."

She stood up and looked at it. She sighed and smiled as she's satisfied with how it turned out.

"Ah... pretty."

—