chapter three

"How's your head?" Chaeyoung asked as she placed an ice pack on Dahyun's head.

Dahyun shrugged, "It's better. She slammed me into the lockers hard."

Chaeyoung chuckled softly. Tzuyu came in with a glass of water.

"Hey, I got the water," She said as she sat down on Dahyun's bed.

"Thanks," Dahyun smiled as she took it.

"Sit up when you drink it," Chaeyoung softly ordered. Dahyun whined as she sat up in her bed and chugged the water.

"Wow. You're quite thirsty, huh?" Tzuyu chuckled as she sat down next to Dahyun and held the ice pack on her head for her.

"I guess so," Dahyun shrugged.

"Are you suspended by any chance, Hyun?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Nope. No teachers saw us fighting, I don't know how, so I'm off the hook," Dahyun answered.

"Thank god," Chaeyoung sighed in relief.

"I'll be okay," Dahyun assured, "It's good that I didn't get a concussion or anything."

"You didn't have to fight her, you know..." Chaeyoung muttered.

"Hey, she's getting on my last nerve," Dahyun uttered. Tzuyu rested her head on Dahyun's shoulder.

"Just please. Next time, no violence," Chaeyoung said, "It's never the answer."

"No promises."

Chaeyoung tilted her head, "Dahyun..."

"Fine. I'll try but, I doubt that it will end well," Dahyun sighed.

Chaeyoung yelped and hugged Dahyun, "Thank you!"

"Agh! Chaeyoung, it hurts!"

Chaeyoung gasped and released quickly.

"Oops. Sorry."

Nonviolence doesn't always work, but violence never does.

Chaeyoung painted another picture once she got home from Dahyun's. It was a picture of Sana on the floor after she held Dahyun back from kicking her. It hurts to see Sana hurt for Chaeyoung. It makes her feel guilty. Guilty because she isn't good enough for Sana to like her. She sighed as she tilted her head and stared at the painting.

"Oh, Sana..." Chaeyoung exhaled.

"Why must you hate me so much? What did I do to make you hate me so much? I don't get it..."

Chaeyoung pouted and continued to paint. She then hears her door being opened.

"Hey," Hyejoo greeted. Chaeyoung looked up and saw Hyejoo standing at her doorway.

"What's up, Hye?"

"I'm running to the store," Hyejoo scratched her forehead, "Wanna come along?"

"Uhm, okay?"

Chaeyoung got up and grabbed her jacket and her phone.

"Cool. Let's go," Hyejoo said.

Chaeyoung followed Hyejoo outside and watched her hop on a motorcycle. Chaeyoung just stood there stunned.

"Well? What are you waiting for?" Hyejoo asked.

"What the fuck is that?!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"Uh, a motorcycle?" Hyejoo was impatient, "Come on, we don't have time for this shit. The store closes soon."