chapter eleven

"Ew, what the fuck is that?" Dahyun asked during lunch.

"It's sushi, Dahyun..." Tzuyu answered neutrally. Dahyun furrows her eyebrows and examines it.

"Yeah but, why does it look like that?" Dahyun asked in disgust.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, "It looks perfectly fine. It's sushi, Dahyun, Jesus."

"Ya'll are already acting like a married couple," Chaeyoung snickered.

"Shut it," Dahyun muttered while trying to hide her pink cheeks.

Chaeyoung chuckled and continued to munch on her sandwich. It's still quite annoying that these two still haven't owned up to their feelings for the other. They literally went on a date. Chaeyoung thinks it's absolutely bonkers.

"When will you guys ever sort out your priorities?" Chaeyoung asked, her mouth filled with food.

"When will you stop butting into our business?" Dahyun fired back in a hint of annoyance in her voice, "And besides, it's pretty rude to talk with a mouthful, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and swallowed her food, "Shut up, Dahyun."

"Speaking of sorting out priorities," Tzuyu added, "When will you sort out yours with Sana?"

Dahyun looked at Chaeyoung as she sided with Tzuyu.

"W-Well... um-"

"Mhm, so before you bash us for not sorting our problems out, remember that you have shit that aren't sorted either," Tzuyu stated.

"Yo~ Tzuyu," Dahyun hollered as she high fived Tzuyu. Tzuyu just chuckled and high fived her back.

"Damn Tzuyu, you didn't have to hit me like that," Chaeyoung scoffed.

Tzuyu shrugged, "But, I did."

Chaeyoung pretended to faint which got some giggles from Dahyun and Tzuyu but then, she lost her balance and actually fell off her chair. She heard Dahyun and Tzuyu full on bursting out into laughter but then they abruptly stopped. Everything in the lunch room abruptly stopped.

Chaeyoung looked up to meet with soft hazel eyes. All of a sudden, she felt safe again. It was Sana. Sana had ran from the other side of the lunch room to help Chaeyoung get up, which was sort of unnecessary but it's the thought that counts, right?

Sana knelt down and pouted, "I saw you fall. Are you okay?"

Chaeyoung looked down and fixed her glasses because she started to blush and turn red.

"I-I'm... I'm okay," Chaeyoung answered.

"You're so silly, Chaengie," Sana rolled her eyes affectionately, "Here, let me help you up."

Sana placed her hand in front of her for Chaeyoung to grab. Chaeyoung smiled at her as she happily connected her hands with Sana's. Sana helped her up and then the air shifted. Their faces were now just a few millimeters apart with their hands still connected. Chaeyoung's breath hitched when Sana's eyes flickered down to her lips.

A clear of a throat snapped them back into reality because they forgot they were in the middle of the cafeteria where everyone could see them.

It became awkward again. Sana stepped back and fidgeted a bit.

"Erm, I-I'm going to go back to my table," Sana muttered.

"Okay... I-I'll see you in class?" Chaeyoung asked as she scratched her nape.

Sana nodded and sped walked to her table. Chaeyoung let out a deep breath and sat back down with her face being the brightest shade of red.

"Holy shit!" Dahyun gasped.